Palestinians Vote Terrorist Organization in to Run Country (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 18:02
RV said:
Nobody "chooses" war.
And it's more that Israeli's and Palestinians started a row, ending up in a local terroristic guerrilla war led by both sides.
Both parties are involved in terroristic acts, so you shouldn't simply judge one side.
It's a far more complicated situation over there then you might think at first side ;)

Maybe it would help a bit if the USA threatened Israel to withdraw a considerable amount of the yearly contributions to a country that otherwise would have been bankrupt ages ago.
Well I guess that's politics, Israel's always been considered to be a satellite country to guarantee peace and stability in the Middle East.
You could almost call that ironic ;)

RV

Brits are always telling me I don’t see the big picture.

I did hear the new leaders of Palestine saying there will be no compromise with Israel. Now I guess I’m only hearing the black or white.

But how much in the grey area, is killing people?

I stick by my original statement; real war is coming to the Middle East.

War; no one wants, us, them...no one.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Looks like a little cival war has broken out now.

Maybe they'll forget about Israel.

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Maybe this thread is too skary even for this section. I'll get an arguement stated on something else.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 23:02
Maybe I am getting old but

Negotiation never resolved any "disagreement between faiths".

Your either with them or against. Just be honest and state which. Then you take the action that you believe is correct for you.

Myself I condemn all acts of terrorism by whoever. If you ain't the face to show you face then you have no integrity.

That's my view.

Len

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 23:02
jsanders said:
Maybe this thread is too skary even for this section. I'll get an arguement stated on something else.

I suspect that people either have entrenched views or realise that the issue is too complex for this type of forum.

Both sides have fanatics who refuse to compromise, perhaps if I were a Palestinian driven off my land by Isreali expansion I too would take that view, however it is difficult to undo history, and if you do how far back do you turn it?

I heard on the news a short while ago that the US Eu UN and GB are discussing withdrawel of aid to Palestine unless certain conditions are met, pity they didn't take a firm stand against both sides.

Brian

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Perhaps the USA should review its arms sale policy

Col

Clearly the US, like Britain has its own national security in mind when it sells arms to foreign countries.

The weapons preeminence of the NATO countries is so pronounced, other countries couldn’t catch up if they spent their entire GDP on developing weapons. So they were forced to purchase either NATO or Soviet weapons, Maybe a little Chinese but they were mostly irrelevant.

It allows them (non NATO) to possess modern weapons to guard against neighbors but was negligible against any threat from any of the NATO countries.

Take the “bomb proof” bunkers the British built for Iraq before the first Gulf War. Even before the war began the British knew how to destroy them. Good against Iran, but not so effective against British or American smart bombs.

So we use the money from the sales to develop better stuff, in a never ending cycle of American (and NATO) weapons superiority.

Even the F15s we sell to Israel are not equipped with the latest imaging and guidance electronics.

To answer your statement; it is hypocritical, but it works and we do have the big stick.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:02
Ran across this on the subject.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 215

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time