Personal Introduction as New Member (1 Viewer)

tekniculwiz

Local time
Today, 13:19
I'm Kerry Jensen (a guy, though sometimes the name is mistaken for a gal) from USA in Tehachapi, CA (where we have blue skies and can see stars at night and we get snow in the winter, which is why we moved here and will retire here). I spent several years in military (USAF) where I began working with main frame computers in communications and went onto develop software using COBOL on main frames and minicomputers before transitioning to PC and computer networks as a network administrator. I spend most of my time on variety of computer network projects and support with occasional time to work as a developer which I always enjoyed. I have done some small application projects developed in Access in the past and will be in the future probably.

When I can get away from my responsibilities as IT manager and network administrator, I enjoy traveling with my wife to visit my sons and grandchildren around the USA. I enjoy with my wife visits to our many National Parks, especially Yosemite, Grand Tetons, and Glacier Park. I enjoy traveling having spent time in Turkey and Japan while in military and tours of duty around the USA, as well. I enjoy reading history, especially American and ancient history, space and flight, philosophy and religious studies, mathematics and science as well.

Persons I admire are Sir Issac Newton, Blaise Pascal, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander the Great, Israel's King David, and Moses to mention a few.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:19
Welcome Kerry! I've been through Tehachapi a few times, on my to/from Vegas from Northern CA (I live in Northern NV). My older daughter is in the USAF, currently stationed in England. She's a maintenance officer and her husband is a pilot (F-15E). Just got back from the Grand Canyon, and Antelope Canyon (which was really cool and most people have never heard of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom