Print 2 reports before printing the next record (1 Viewer)

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:58
I have 2 reports, which are basically 2 pages that need to stay together. What I would like to do is trigger the second report to print as soon as the first finishes. To help clarify....

You enter 5 client IDs, and the data is retrieved. Now, you go to print and (at this point) its printing
Client 1 Page One
Client 2 Page two
Client 3 page three
Client 4 page four
Client 5 page five

Client 1 Page 2
Client 2 Page 2
Client 3 Page 2
Client 4 Page 2
Client 5 Page 2

What I would like to do is

Client 1 Page 1
Client 1 Page 2
Client 2 Page 1
Client 2 Page 2....

Heres another point that needs to be considered. The second page contains not data, just a predesigned form. Since the only Info on that page was my companys info, I was able to just put it into the design. I added a hidden textbox that is bound to the datasouce to ensure that for every page one there is a page 2. This isnt critical since any page 2 can go with any page one, but it would just be a bit more organized.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Today, 10:58
Could you just tag page two on the end of the first page and insert a page break.

Thinking sideways, could you have Page 2 pre-printed on the back of page 1's source paper?

If these aren't feasible, then the only alternative is to change the report to return only one record at a time then write some code to loop your recordset printing Client1 >Page2 >Close Report >Change Criteria >Open Report >Client2 >Page2 etc...

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
For some unknown reason, I cannot remember the details of page breaks (never use them and its been ages since class). Could anyone offer a refresher on how to set them properly? I know where they are, but once I add one its ineffective.

jeremie_ingram

Registered User.
Local time
never mind, I found it out. I forgot that it will only break in the detail section. Got it working, and thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom