Problem with page footer (1 Viewer)

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:46
I have a form which, among other controls, has a multi-line text box, TB_Conditions.
I generate a report based on the data of that form and in that report I have a sub-report, rptConditions, that displays the data of TB_Conditions which is placed in the Page Footer of the main report.
In the same footer I also have a page counter, a Line that goes across the page and a Footer Logo I use.
Using the page footer's Format event, I only display rptConditions on the last page of the report.

rptConditions has a tex tbox with the following ControlSource
Code:
=Replace("* " & [_Conditions];Chr(13)+Chr(10);Chr(13)+Chr(10) & "* ")

What that does is place a "*" in front of every new line.
Code:
[U]So This[/U]:
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
[U]Changes to this[/U]:
* Line 1
* Line 2
* Line 3
* Line 4
* Line 5
* Line 6
* Line 7
* Line 8
* Line 9

The attached images show the page footer of the report
FooterReport1-1st page of report
FooterReport2-last page of report
FooterDesign is the page footer in Design View

For the test in the screenshots I used the following in TB_Conditions
Code:
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
Line 0
---------
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
Line 0
Line 1
Line 2
Line 3
Line 4
Line 5
Line 6
Line 7
Line 8
Line 9
Line 0

In FooterReport2 you can see that the page counter, footer logo and the line have disappeared and also not everything from the data is showing
If I manualy increase the size of the footer, like I did in FooterDesign2, I can get all the data from TB_Conditions, which is of course not an option since the amount of data in TB_Conditions can change. But even with that option I can't get the page counter,line and logo to show in the last page.

P.S. Everything in the report has all the auto sizing options set to yes.

This is my code to display rptConditions only in the last page
Code:
Private Sub PageFooterSection_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    If Me.Page = Me.Pages Then
        Me.rptConditions.Visible = True
    Else
        Me.rptConditions.Visible = False
    End If
End Sub

Attachments

• FooterDesign.jpg
    FooterDesign.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 78
  • FooterReport1.jpg
    FooterReport1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 74
  • FooterReport2.jpg
    FooterReport2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 69
  • FooterDesign2.jpg
    FooterDesign2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 64

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:46
I might be missing something - but can't you put the conditions in the report footer section of the report instead of the page footer?

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
hey Minty,
unfortunately for me I can't because the conditions have to be printed on the bottom of the page.

Sorry I forgot to mention that part:p

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Your problem is caused by the fact that your detail section takes precedent over the page footer.
The page footer is really only designed for a logo and page numbers, not masses of detail.
Why not try adding another grouping level outside your main detail, and only have a footer section, that has your conditions sub report in it.

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
Hi again Minty,
thank you very much for your suggestion. I created another group and put the rptConditions in that group's footer and it displays everything now.
The problem is that it is printed before the Report footer. Is there a way to make this custom group footer print after the report footer and at the bottom of that last page? (of course before the Page Footer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Not that I'm aware of - what is in your report footer? I thought you didn't have one?

Never Hide

Registered User.
Local time
The report is for Offers printed to be given to customers. It has some items with prices and the report footer shows the total cost of the Offer. The rptConditions displays different conditions for that Offer and based model for these Offers, the conditions must be placed at the bottom of the last page.
I use a sub report because the conditions can be changed depending on the Offer and they are set in the Form of the Offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom