Purpose of the Heading over the controls (1 Viewer)

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:56
Hi All

When using the Forms wizard for a tabular form, is there ANY purpose for the Heading of the Forms to be OVER the Field headings?

I find it annoying, but maybe it is because I don't understand WHY I have to resize it every time, before I can use my field headings on the form:banghead:

Old Man Devin

Consul Of Code
Local time
Today, 08:56
To save reformatting every time, you could create an autoformat with the sizes changed. Just to did once, then go to Autoformat and save this is as a starting point. Then whenever you make another form, you can use that menu again to apply those format changes right away.

Note: I think that Autoformat isn't visible by default in Access. You have to add it to the quick access toolbar right at the top by using the little black arrow icon that lets you add things, then looking for it in the category 'Commands not in the Ribbon'.

tldr: Access is silly, but you can fix it.

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
Thx. It just seems very odd that the heading is made so tall??

Old Man Devin

Consul Of Code
Local time
Thx. It just seems very odd that the heading is made so tall??

Probably just an arbitrary design choice that they made when setting the features up and then didn't really think about after that!

epiek

Registered User.
Local time
The Autoformat does not apply to SIZES of controls, so my question is still unanswered, as to what the purpose of the heading being so tall is?

Old Man Devin

Consul Of Code
Local time
Ah how bothersome. Might just have to format paint from a smaller box. Well I don't know the purpose unfortunately, I suspect there isn't one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom