Recursive To Do List

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Yesterday, 20:05
In project management, do you think there should be recursive subtask or just keep it finite?

If you want to do Infinite here is an example using a tree view with the ability to add as many subtasks, sort within level, move tasks under other tasks.

If this is a hypothetical question then, most real applications allow the user to add as many subtasks levels as they want.

I actually thought that Google Tasks allows multiple levels, but it only appears to allow one level. Outlook does not support subtasks. I have used the Teams Planner with sub tasks, but that only comes in the Premium. If you want to use that Treeview it is really easy to implement, and i can demo a stripped version to put in your db. The table structure just needs a self referencing table

tblTasks
-- TaskID
-- TaskDescription
-- Other tasks fields like assigned, date, ....
-- ParentTaskID - foreign key to another task in this table. Leave it blank for top level task
-- TaskSortOrder - This allows you to sort tasks in a level

Outlook will support repetitive / periodic tasks. Using "Old" Outlook, it is possible to create tasks, so if you could define what one would look like, it might be possible to create it. Maybe I'm being a bit dim here, but I'm not sure what would be an example of a recursive management task. What did you have in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom