Running out of memory?? (1 Viewer)

racemadnss

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:14
All day today I have been getting this message that says im running out of memory. when I use this one particular form.

It says "There isnt enough memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again."

This is an Access Popup, and not a window popup.

This form only contains about 12 fields and 1 calendar control. The only thing I can think of, is that this particular form gets its Recordsource from joining 2 tables. It seems to do fine until I try to go to the next record, then it freaks out.

I have never had trouble with the calendar control, but could it be the problem?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Windows is notorious for this one. You might have a lot of other windows open, or not. But the thing you also might not have is enough swap space.

See, Windows has to swap you out to change your image size, then swap you back in. If it can't find enough swap space, you are out of memory.

The default behavior for Windows is to use the C drive for swap space. Check for this case and see how much free space remains available on your C drive.

You might have to clean up your disk.

The other possibility that comes to mind is that if you open and close things in the code underneath your form, ALWAYS remember to close what you open. If you don't, you tie up handles (a Windows memory resident data structure) and buffers (a BIG Windows memory resident data structure).

racemadnss

Registered User.
Local time
Thats the Thing. I only have Access and this 1 form running.

It only seems to pupup the error when I change to the next record, then it seems like it starts running some continuous loop and it crashes out of Access.

The only code I have on the form is to requery the list when you click on it. No loop or anything else. Im reinstalling Office 2k right now, them im going to try to run the 2 new updates and see if that helps.

racemadnss

Registered User.
Local time
I FIXED IT! :D

Seems that it was a bad record in the table I guess, When I got rid of it I got rid of my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom