Shootings in US schools

I googled it and got a link to a skinhead page in wikipeia

Sorry to spoil your fun J...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/c/catherinetateshow_999040216.shtml

Personally I don't rate her - it was funny the first time I saw it (for Children In Need or some other charity telethon where the reaction of the boy band being interviewed looked almost genuine) but like too much modern British humour reliant on catchphrases, it has gotten very tired very quickly.

Matt Greatorex said:
Susbtitute the word 'Jesus' for the words 'children' or 'my children' and this could be one of the religious posts. :D
Not really, one's fictitious, the other's real, to start with

KalelGmoon said:
Weather has nothing to do with fuel consumption. He knows it gets bad mileage and therefore does not drive it unless he has to i.e. deep snow etc that the more economical van would not be able to get around in or would be more dangerous to drive in the bad weather.
We have 4x4's here with much better fuel consumption that perform just as well

Rich said:

and what are the brand names on those 4 x 4's?

if the vehicle is only driven irregularly (I have a 1981 chevy suburban that has had less than 1000 miles put on it in the last 6 yrs) it is not very cost effective to purchase a new 4 x 4 that gets better gas mileage. considering most of them run upwards of 30k US (around 16k sterling).

KalelGmoon said:
and what are the brand names on those 4 x 4's?

if the vehicle is only driven irregularly (I have a 1981 chevy suburban that has had less than 1000 miles put on it in the last 6 yrs) it is not very cost effective to purchase a new 4 x 4 that gets better gas mileage. considering most of them run upwards of 30k US (around 16k sterling).
Somebody made the same argument to me the other day over the high taxation that's now going to be aimed at school run mums with their 4x4's.
If they're only going to school and back a couple of times a day, they aren't doing as much damage as the company rep who drives a much smaller engined car but does thousands of miles more per year.
But then governments don't think or act logically, do they?

Rich said:

Oh contraire the same Japanese makers make them for both of us and there is only 1 true winner in the performance category.

Hummer.

Rich said:
Since when did the Japanese make engines for the Land Rover?:confused:

I got a news flash for you we have Land Rovers here as well and they don't get as good a mileage as the Japanese ones.

Subaru probably has the best mileage of any sold here, I’m probably wrong, but not by a large margin.

scott-atkinson said:
Rich,

I feel it is time that our justice system was re-evaluated, too many of our judges are not in touch with reality.
The part of the quote in bold hit the nail on the head. Same problem with most of the people in power. We are pulling from the wrong group of people, imo.

jsanders said:
I got a news flash for you we have Land Rovers here as well and they don't get as good a mileage as the Japanese ones.

Subaru probably has the best mileage of any sold here, I’m probably wrong, but not by a large margin.
Because of emission laws, most likely. That is one reason why it is so expensive to import some vehicles. Emission laws vary from country to country, thats why sometimes the same model vehicle in (for example, I have not looked up emission comparisons yet) Germany will have 20 more horsepower than the American version. If I am wrong, sorry, this is mostly based on a conversation I had while babysitting a few drunk friends in Colorado. And yes, thank you for the comment, my wife and daughter had a great time. My wife had the camera the whole time, so I don't have any pics of me actually skiing, and will have to wait until I get some emailed to me to post.

Bodisathva said:
sorry, Dad :(
steady on Bod. The big-brother mods will be after you:rolleyes:

You need to get permission to have opinions these days

Col

ColinEssex said:
steady on Bod. The big-brother mods will be after you:rolleyes:

You need to get permission to have opinions these days

Col

Nah he's good... And all you need is half a brain :p :p

Rich said:
That's rather naive of you I'm sad to say Scot. There was never any evidence of WMD's in Iraq.

He wasn't brainwashed by chance :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom