Shootings in US schools

Rich said:
Ireland is its own country ie Eire, the Scots are always complaining about something or other, that's why so many of them live in England:rolleyes:

I wonder if Col has any scottish ancestry :eek: :p

Rich said:
Minor detail Danny, stop trying to divert the crux of the thread:p

Yeah, please don't screw it up with the facts.

jsanders said:
Yeah, please don't screw it up with the facts.

I knew I left that knife lying about here somewhere :p

Rich said:
Ireland is its own country ie Eire, the Scots are always complaining about something or other, that's why so many of them live in England:rolleyes:

You don't hear to often about states trying to secede, well after 1865 anyway.

Maybe we’re more united than you think.

jsanders said:
You don't hear to often about states trying to secede, well after 1865 anyway.

Maybe we’re more united than you think.
Nah the names Sherman, Custard etc. still ring in their ears

Rich said:
I thought Ireland was divided, North & South, one half is part of the UK & (mostly) wants to stay that way, the other half is independent & (mostly) wants to stay that way... :confused:

Adeptus said:
I thought Ireland was divided, North & South, one half is part of the UK & (mostly) wants to stay that way, the other half is independent & (mostly) wants to stay that way... :confused:
Please don't confuse the Americans, Eire is an independant country within the British Isles

The "United" States is just one of those meaningless titles the Yanks use - like "World" series or a fast food "beef" burger - it's totally meaningless and should be sued under the trade desciptions act.

How can a country be united when (for example) in some places you kill murderers and in others you get a jail spell?

Oh and Rich, that flag looks like it was left in the boil wash instead of the 40c wash cycle.
Or is it one of the US flags we see being destroyed on the streets of Baghdad at regular intervals.

Col

Worley said:
And I agree, Colin is much better than Rich at not trying to punch people in the face with cheap comments,
Here's 4 replies from KennyBoy to 4 questions from me. KennyBabe seems to be at odds with your opinion. Mind you, that doesn't surprise me, he hates everything I post anyway.
Kenny said:
A cheap shot insult
Another cheap shot insult
Another cheap shot insult
Another cheap shot insult... See a pattern?

and has even on occasion apologised,
can you ref that please? I don't recall doing that, I need to check you're not slurring my character
Also, Colin; kids are awesome. As simple as that.
Yes, I have some superb nephews and nieces.

Col

Rich said:
Please don't confuse the Americans,
Nobody has yet explained to the Americans that the UK, Eire and the rest of Europe are actually beyond the US borders:rolleyes:

* Only 37% of young Americans can find Iraq on a map—though U.S. troops have been there since 2003.

* 6 in 10 young Americans don't speak a foreign language fluently.

* 20% of young Americans think Sudan is in Asia. (It's the largest country in Africa.)

* 48% of young Americans believe the majority population in India is Muslim. (It's Hindu—by a landslide.)

* Half of young Americans can't find New York on a map.

* nearly 30 percent of those surveyed could not find the Pacific Ocean, the world’s largest body of water;

* more than half—56 percent—were unable to locate India, home to 17 percent of people on Earth; and

* only 19 percent could name four countries that officially acknowledge having nuclear weapons.

* Thirty-three percent of respondents couldn't pinpoint Louisiana on a map.

* Fewer than three in 10 think it important to know the locations of countries in the news and just 14 percent believe speaking another language is a necessary skill.

* Two-thirds didn't know that the earthquake that killed 70,000 people in October 2005 occurred in Pakistan.

* Seventy-five percent were unable to locate Israel on a map of the Middle East.

* Nearly three-quarters incorrectly named English as the most widely spoken native language.

* Six in 10 did not know the border between North and South Korea is the most heavily fortified in the world.

* Thirty percent thought the most heavily fortified border was between the United States and Mexico.

These results suggest that young people in the United States—the most recent graduates of our educational system—are unprepared for an increasingly global future. Far too many lack even the most basic skills for navigating the international economy or understanding the relationships among people and places that provide critical context for world events.
ref

Col

Last edited:
Well Col I don't think I can pinpoint Louisiana on a blank map of the US, nor do I speak a foreign language, although I can have a decent stab at American.:D

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
. . . nor do I speak a foreign language, although I can have a decent stab at American.:D

Thats easy, just slur the words, mispronounce everything and if your not sure, just make it up. The difficulty Americans have is to actually speak English.

Col

Rich said:
It's down near the bottom somewhere:cool:

The term used was pinpoint, I know it is in the South Eastish and was bought from the frogs who had nicked it from the indians, so not totally ignorant.:D

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
The term used was pinpoint, I know it is in the South Eastish and was bought from the frogs who had nicked it from the indians, so not totally ignorant.:D
Its near the Gulf of Mexico, wasn't New Orleans there before it blew away? I didn't know the frogs had it, thats why they speak funny then:cool:

Col

ColinEssex said:
Its near the Gulf of Mexico, wasn't New Orleans there before it blew away? I didn't know the frogs had it, thats why they speak funny then:cool:

Col

The name New Orleans was a bit of a hint.:rolleyes:

Brian

Remember the Louisiana purchase when Napoleon flogged huge tracts of land at something like $1 ,or was it 1 cent, an acre to fund his wars.

Brian

ColinEssex said:

Col

Good morning girls - :p

I think the 'speak funny' part can be attributed partly to the French (?) can't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom