Rich said:
Nope, none whatsover, again, it all revolves around religion and brainwashing

Are you saying that history has nothing to do with it :confused:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 15:24
dan-cat said:
But look at the UK and there is NO such history in muslim context. Where are the claims that parts of the UK should be freed and returned back to muslim control? There are none. Don't you see the difference?
I must have missed something Dan, I thought we were talking about Ireland, where does the muslim context come in?

Brian

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Are you saying that history has nothing to do with it :confused:
History and religion are inextricably intertwined

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I must have missed something Dan, I thought we were talking about Ireland, where does the muslim context come in?

Brian

Sorry Bri, it's a subject that I don't understand about the UK. I understand about how people get convinced to fight for a cause because of historical events. King Henry VIII, IRA, ETA etc...

What I don't get is British muslims fighting for a cause that has no such historical context. British people who are fighting for a cause that has no British historical context whatsoever.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
Where are the claims that parts of the UK should be freed and returned back to muslim control? There are none. Don't you see the difference?
you've lost me:confused: wern't we discussing Northern Ireland v Eire? where did muslim come from?

Nearly home time thank god

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
History and religion are inextricably intertwined

Which is what I don't get. Where is the history that these British muslims are drawing from to fuel their cause. They were born in Britain. Where is their British ethnicity?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
you've lost me:confused: wern't we discussing Northern Ireland v Eire? where did muslim come from?

Nearly home time thank god

Col

See this post ref ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Ah! If I understand you Dan you are talking about the British Muslims involved in the London bombings, as I understand it their religion transcends their nationality and they are part of fundamentalist Islam's plan to convert or subjegate the rest of the world.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Depends on which football ground they're at
I suspect there's plenty of whining on the Ibrox terraces.;) where's our Hales? keeping a low profile I suspect

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
See this post ref ;)
yes yes, I saw it, you posted yours at 4.06pm and I did mine at 4.07pm, in other words you posted whilst I was writing.

I'm concerned though that Jenny wants to wear a yellow jacket that stings - seems a bit odd to me.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Ah! If I understand you Dan you are talking about the British Muslims involved in the London bombings, as I understand it their religion transcends their nationality and they are part of fundamentalist Islam's plan to convert or subjegate the rest of the world.

Brian

Yes. This is the difference I can't get my head around. An IRA terrorist can be brainwashed to the cause with all that history. Why? because they were born and bred in Ireland and that is where the history lies.

A British muslim to be brainwashed as a terrorist is completely the reverse. They have to be completely seperated from their true nationality first. They belong to no territory, no history.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The British Muslim's history is the history of Islam, as I said that over rides any nationality, at least for the fundamentalists.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
The British Muslim's history is the history of Islam, as I said that over rides any nationality.

Which leads me back to my initial point. How unified is the United Kingdom if x [all?] number of British muslims disown British history as their own?

And again, disown it to such a point that a % of these are willing to kill for it?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Which leads me back to my initial point. How unified is the United Kingdom if x [all?] number of British muslims disown British history as their own?

And again, disown it to such a point that a % of these are willing to kill for it?
I don't know the figures but if this is the criteria for union then you are opening a can of worms, eg are the Amish part of the USA, would they fight for it? Its the divisive nature of religion, unfortunately we are back to Rich's ran.. er comments:)

Brian

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:24
ColinEssex said:
...a yellow jacket that stings...

Yellowjackets are black-and-yellow wasps of the genus Vespula or Dolichovespula (some can be black-and-white, the most notable of these being the bald-faced hornet, Dolichovespula maculata). They can be identified by their distinctive combination of black-and-yellow color, small size (slightly larger than a bee), and entirely black antennae

KenHigg

Local time
Bodisathva said:

Yellowjackets are black-and-yellow wasps of the genus Vespula or Dolichovespula (some can be black-and-white, the most notable of these being the bald-faced hornet, Dolichovespula maculata). They can be identified by their distinctive combination of black-and-yellow color, small size (slightly larger than a bee), and entirely black antennae

When you say 'Yellow Jacket' in Georgia, here's what may come to mind:

Link

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
I don't know the figures but if this is the criteria for union then you are opening a can of worms, eg are the Amish part of the USA, would they fight for it? Its the divisive nature of religion, unfortunately we are back to Rich's ran.. er comments:)

Brian

Well take for example the comment you made about the hypocritical support of the IRA by Americans. Have these Americans ever made terrorist attacks against their own country on behalf of this cause? No.

Maybe the scenario I'm describing is coming to the US and exists elsewhere. I don't know. But to me, it seems completely unique. :confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Bodisathva said:

These are some of the most aggressive wasp in the Southern and eastern US.

They're small, but very feisty.

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
They're small, but very feisty.
And due to the fact that they have no barbs on their stingers, they don't simply sting once and go away. Like that little bunny, they keep going, and going, and going...

...remind you of anyone?:rolleyes:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Well take for example the comment you made about the hypocritical support of the IRA by Americans. Have these Americans ever made terrorist attacks against their own country on behalf of this cause? No.
You have lost me here Dan.

The "cause" is to get the "British" out of Ireland and create a United Ireland, why would Irish_Americans attack America, which I presume they think is their own country. They are hypocrites because of that last point, the country they now live in and call their own was stolen, no matter how you wrap it up, from the native American Indians.
Note how Americans aren't supporting the Palestinians to gain back their land stolen by the Israelis.

Where is the consistency?

I entered the debate merely to attempt to clarify the Irish situation but the debate as widened and become more iffy.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom