Site Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Can anyone else tell me if they remember seeing this Ignore link in the list of threads, at AWF?

1724337264741.png

Yes - i just found an old thread about it:

Yes - i just found an old thread about it:
Thanks for that link. I've enabled the Ignore link. I will ask forum members if they want to keep it, or if it is clutter.

So, who votes for keep, who votes for remove?

I vote to keep, as it saves having to actually go into the thread, to then mark it as Ignored.

I much prefer it on the main page.
No need to go into the thread, click ignore, click back from the extra view it gives you, then finally close the thread. 1 click instead of 4 wins for me every time!

@Jon
Has the search criteria been modified?
I had a particular mentor when I joined here. Their name was VbaInet.
I expected to be able to type in their username inthe user field for the search dialogue, but it does not even appear.
They have not posted in quite a while, so is there some period, where users are now ignored when typing characters in?
However, if you get the name correct, then their posts do appear?

I found a post by VbaInet here:-

From his profile I note he was last on in 2021

All his posts listed:-

I found a post by VbaInet here:-

From his profile I note he was last on in 2021

All his posts listed:-

I could find his posts ok, but only if I remembered his username.
Try typing in VBA , only one name shows up.

@Jon
Has the search criteria been modified?
I had a particular mentor when I joined here. Their name was VbaInet.
I expected to be able to type in their username inthe user field for the search dialogue, but it does not even appear.
They have not posted in quite a while, so is there some period, where users are now ignored when typing characters in?
However, if you get the name correct, then their posts do appear?
To be honest, I have no idea what it was like before or if anything has changed regarding search. If I typed in a username, I would want an exact match myself, because otherwise if you typed in say John, and it showed everyone who's username had John in it, you would never find the particular John you were looking for. Too many results. In the backend admin section, if I search for John, I get 55 pages of results. Would you really want that?

Lucklily I did remember his username, which is very good for me with my memory these days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom