Site Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Well you could ask AI what it's gender is, but that could change day by day? :)
I rarely ignore threads, but do so when I am in them. Mostly forums I ignore.

Can anyone else here remember or confirm that it was there, or have a screenshot from the past?

It was definitely there before, I used it frequently.
To be honest, it's a surprise to see so many members visit this site daily., and only two of them have noticed one of the most helpful utilities the software offers. It's not a matter of it was used or not, what surprises me is, that icon was sitting there all the while., and nobody noticed. 😅

I've enabled the Weekly Digest, while excluding The Watercooler and Politics section from the weekly email. Can someone keep an eye on it and let me know if they get the weekly email and if it did exclude those two sections?

Enabled my auto-reply post for new members in the Introduce Yourself section. Wait and see if it still works.

Update: It works.

Last edited:
having an issue when copy/pasting code from another post. e.g.

copying this
1724142928287.png

results in this

Public Function oFSO() As Scripting.FileSystemObject<br> If pFSO Is Nothing Then<br> Set pFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<br> End If<br> Set oFSO = pFSO<br>End Function

having an issue when copy/pasting code from another post. e.g.

copying this
View attachment 115696

results in this

Public Function oFSO() As Scripting.FileSystemObject<br> If pFSO Is Nothing Then<br> Set pFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<br> End If<br> Set oFSO = pFSO<br>End Function
Show me the post you copied it from.

here you go

Note I have responded and corrected the layout - but another small issue.

If I highlight text and click the </> button, only the first row is displayed. e.g.

function something()
dim a as integer

dosomething

end function

1724146666116.png

It was a problem when you first did the upgrade, then seemed to go away.

workaround is to highlight the text, copy it, then click the </> button and paste

Also links now display differently - I'm seeing

1724146886446.png

rather than the blue bar and the first couple of lines

Ok, I see what you mean now. You have found one way to do it. The other way is to highlight the text, and then right mouse click and choose Paste and Match Style, assuming you are using Chrome.

Additionally, you can use the copy code button in the top right hand corner of the code window, which will copy all the code formatted correctly.

Also links now display differently - I'm seeing

View attachment 115698

rather than the blue bar and the first couple of lines
They do, and I don't like it. So, I've just found how to convert internal links back to how they were. Here we go...

The other way is to highlight the text, and then right mouse click and choose Paste and Match Style, assuming you are using Chrome.
I use Opera as my go to browser and Safari on my iphone, neither have the paste and match style option. I do have the option to paste as plain text so my routine is now highlight and copy, then click on the code button and paste directly into the insert code window.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
@Jon - just noticed this and to be honest, I don't recall the behavior from before the upgrade. If it is a hold-over, then I have a suggestion. If it is new behavior, then I have a report.

In the "Reports" section where people report bad member behavior, if I close a report as having been "resolved" and then someone else comes along and makes a follow-up post anyway, I would have thought that if you didn't choose to re-open, it should make no status change - but it does. It re-opens the report. I would think that once a report is closed, it should stay closed unless you explicitly open it again. Just an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom