Switchboard Help (1 Viewer)

eve_help

Local time
Today, 06:12
Can someone please help me!!!!!!!!!:confused:

I am taking a database management class and trying to finish my final project. I created a switchboard for my forms, tables, and reports, and everything works except the table page. After you view the tables and then close them and then click "Return to Main Switchboard" it will not return to the main switchboard. I deleted and re-created the switchboard page and still the same problem. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

CyberLynx

Stuck On My Opinions
Local time
This is rather interesting. I imagine that to view Tables you are referencing a Macro to do so since there is no View Table action within the Switchboard itself (at least not in the Access XP).

I took a couple minutes to try and simulate the issue but came up empty handed. All functioned properly.

The only thing I can personally think of is to check for Naming collisions or faults. An internal Macro error may be causing the grief.

You may perhaps need to reconstruct the entire SwitchBoard from scratch.

If you do decide to reconstruct the entire SwitchBoard then make a backup of your Database then delete the old SwitchBoard Form and Table from the Database then do a Compact and Repair before starting another Switchboard. You can use the Backup DB to reference what you had done previously.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:12
is this yuor own switchboard, or the ms switchboard

eve_help

Local time
Hi Gemna

It's the switchboard that was create in ms.

eve_help

Local time
Hi Cyberlynz

Thanks for your help, I will give it a shot.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:12
i dont think a switchboard will show tables - perhaps its hidden behind the database window - sometimes you get scroll bars showing on the desktop, and the switchboard actually moves off the visible screen - you can find it by dragging scrollbars

if its open, windows/switchboard will find it

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:12
I can't replicate the problem, either. I can open main s/b, go two second s/b, open a table (thru a macro) close the table, then move back to the main switchnoard. My bet guess, going on what we have, would be corruption. I'd say delete the switchboard, remembering to go to the Tables tab and deleting the table named Switchboard Items, and start from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom