The Titan submersible and Facebook (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:23
The amount of jokes regarding this story are abundant and despicable. I am NO tree-hugger, but the loss of life is never a joking matter.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
“Lord God, our power evermore,
Whose arm doth reach the ocean floor,
Dive with our men beneath the sea;
Traverse the depths protectively.
O hear us when we pray, and keep
Them safe from peril on the deep”

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Fox News has been playing "armchair general" on this story. They are projecting all the adversarial style questions. How could this have happened? Why was the Navy slow to report? What can be done to stop/protect people from this type of activity? I don't know if the other networks are also being equally sanctimonious in their reporting. This story is tragic. Nevertheless, I find it quite disturbing that the news people can endlessly spin this story day after day based on very little information.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:23
Fox News has been playing "armchair general" on this story. They are projecting all the adversarial style questions. How could this have happened? Why was the Navy slow to report? What can be done to stop/protect people from this type of activity? I don't know if the other networks are also being equally sanctimonious in their reporting. This story is tragic. Nevertheless, I find it quite disturbing that the news people can endlessly spin this story day after day based on very little information.

I stopped being disturbed about news articles devoid of substance a long time ago. I have more or less come to expect it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I find it quite disturbing that the news people can endlessly spin this story day after day based on very little information.
If it bleeds, it leads. Facts be damned. Who needs facts when you can spin innuendo and accusations.? They are really go at that.

Fox has lost its way and I see it's decline continuing. Why would you push to prevent "free" people from engaging in this type of activity? I wouldn't take a trip on a machine of this type but that is just me. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. I'll watch the video from the surface. People should be free to do anything they want regardless of the danger to themselves. They just can't be allowed to be a danger to others. That's why we have laws to regulate driving. You don't just put yourself at risk when you speed and swerve, etc. You put everyone around you at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom