to display windows database

associates

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:31
Hi,

I was wondering if i could get some help here. In the startup under tools option in the menu in Access 2003., is
there any way of coding it so it would display windows database, allows
display status bar and other settings there?

Currently, i have unchecked pretty much everything except "Access special
keys" when setting up a certain form to be a startup. By default, we don't want to see all the tables in the windows database but rather the actual start up form.

what we would like to do is to allow only the certain group of people to be
able to view the windows database without using "hold on to shift key" button to
access to windows database.

Thank you in advance

Do you have permissions and user accounts set up on your dbase? Sounds like you will need them to do what you are looking for. If you don't have permissions all users will be able to see all the tables if they know how.

You can start a database and show any form on startup and hide the dbase window. However holding SHIFT will override it.

You could create an MDE file with those startup options and holding down the SHIFT key won't do any good.

I had a similar issue with certain people seeing certain forms in a multi-user front-end/backend environment. I didnt want to have to maintain 4 separate front-end databases and I genreally don't like using workgroups so I created a user table with usernames and password and added a login form.

The login would then drive a lot of the OnOpen/ONload events of individual forms and using simple hide/show functions I was able to quickly implement this.

You could create an MDE file with those startup options and holding down the SHIFT key won't do any good.
Actually, if you have a full version of Access you CAN use the Shift key to open to the database window, or use F11 unless you disable them. The only way it won't work with an MDE file is if you are using the Access Runtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom