Trouble with validation rules (1 Viewer)

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
This has been driving me crazy! I'm trying to add data to an existing table. First I tried my usual, importing data from Excel and adding to the existing table. The field names are identical. But I got an error that they couldn't be added due to violation of the validation rules. So I imported instead to a second table and tried to run an append query, with much the same results -- it won't work.

I went through each table in design mode and wrote down all the characteristics of each field, and to the best of my knowledge they match exactly. Is there any way to analyze the two tables and find out what's impairing the append?

Thanks, as always for your help. Happy new year!

--Ann

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
The problem is usually the property - AllowZeroLength. It defaults to No. Try changing it to Yes.

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
It worked! I changed every non-numerical field in both tables to Allow Zero Length = Yes, and the append query worked beautifully. The funny thing is, I've never had that problem before when adding data. Maybe it just became an issue this time -- I'd have to comb the new data pretty carefully to make sure.

Thank you so much! I'll remember for next time.

--Ann

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom