unable to load database schema (1 Viewer)

MikeFabro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:00
Wow, am I ever stuck.

I'm using a data access page to access a database over the web. I have edited the scripts with hyperlinks only, other than that, it is as Access created it.

My problem is that since I have loaded the data access page onto my server, I cannot go back into access and edit it. When I try to open the data access page in design view I get this error:

"Microsoft Access is unable to load the database schema. Save has been disabled. Either repair or reinstall Microsoft Office XP." - with an OK button only.

So I tried repairing the database, which did nothing. I would rather not have to re-install Office XP because that would require finding the install disks (which wouldn't be easy - this office is huge).

The other interesting occurance is that when I do open the page up within access (without being able to save), and I test the connection to the DB, it is fine, but then upon trying to refresh the field list I get this error:

"Microsoft Access is unable to connect to the data source specified in the connection string of this page. The server may not exist on this network, or there may be an error in the connection string for this page."

I think that the stranges part of all this is that the data access page that is still loaded on my server works just fine. It accesses the DB and is capable of saving records to the table specified...

Has anyone seen this error message before?

Thanks

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
Have you updated OfficeXP to SP3?

MikeFabro

Registered User.
Local time
done and done

Kodo said:
Have you updated OfficeXP to SP3?

Good call. I thought it was updated (assumed, more like it) - turns out it wasn't and the service pack 3 update has fixed my problem.

MAGICAL!

thanks Kodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom