Voting Republican (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 08:20
I’m hoping this thread will become a no holds barred, “your mother wears army boots “, knock out, drag down, free for all.

I'm tired of the sissy fighting; so here’s the question.

Why on Gods Green Earth, (well not so green any more) would any one vote Republican these days?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:20
I would like to become involved in your political debate, however I have no idea what a "Republican" is. I know what a publican is, one of my favorite people someone who runs a pup!

In the UK we have labor, (left) for you American people left (left wing) means communist or nearly communist, labor is the working man's party.

Then you have the liberals, these are halfway between labor and conservative, most of them seem to be gay. I don't know whether they are liberal because they can't make up their minds whether they wanna be labor or conservative, or whether it is just a general trait of their personality, which also manifests itself as not being able to decide if they want to be male or female, So politically they are in the same boat not being able to decide so they take the middle way, Gay....

Then you have conservatives (right) and extreme right, (right wing) are fascists.

So basically our political system is flavored/based around the idea that you have a left and a right, left wing (extreme left) being communism and right wing extreme right being fascism.

Funnily enough, both labor and conservative have sort of moved to the middle ground, there's not been much to choose between them at the moment. Liberals are trying to differentiate themselves by taking a stand on green issues, just what would you expect from a bunch of Fairys really.

I suppose to be fair I should continue the sexual analogy therefore conservatives/fascists are likely to be the NAZI types, with whips and things for beating people. Sadism/fascism sort of go hand in hand. Just think of two SS officers walking along holding hands.

And labor, I can't really think of are sexual analogy, may be wife swapping, brothels, I don't know.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
labor is the working man's party.

Funny how the leaders are nearly all millionaires and went to public (ie Private) schools, whereas the last 2 Conservative Prime Ministers John Major went to Grammar school and Maggie was a Grocer's daughter. :confused:

Brian

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
laboring under a false premise

Very interesting Brian, that you did not highlight any of my other transgressions! ....lol

cheers
Gizmo

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:
Very interesting Brian, that you did not highlight any of my other transgressions! ....lol

cheers
Gizmo

I don't like to nit pick on spelling but now that you mention it it should be Labour, I thought that you were being thoughtful for our American cousins:rolleyes:

Brian

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:
I would like to become involved in your political debate, however I have no idea what a "Republican" is. I know what a publican is, one of my favorite people someone who runs a pup!

If we are being picky

"runs a pup"

Going to the dogs are we

L

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:

cheers
Gizmo
Probobly because its all fairly accurate.

Most of them are poncy public school millionaire types who have no idea what goes on in reality. That Conservative leader is Eton educated and likes killing foxes with dogs. Just wait till they come round canvassing for the local elections:D

The only good thing (in my opinion) is that the economy has been fairly stable for ages now and that affects the pound in my pocket:D I don't want interest rates of 15% like it was in the early 90's under tories

Col

Col

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Spelling...!

You can read it can't you? Well that's what I used to say to my English teacher anyway! .... lol

The problem is I am using MS speech to write down what I say, being an American program, it spells colour color, the labour labor,

Tomato, Tomato that didn't work did it?

So occasionally if I forget to go and change the the "American" words to "English" then you will get this from me occasionally. I don't think it will matter in ten or twenty years time, I am sure the two cultures will convert. Unless of course we get some idiot with a French attitude where they get all stupid about preserving "the" language. Can't see that happening, our language is such a bastardised mix of other languages that it would be pointless.

Now whats a reublican?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Probobly because its all fairly accurate.

The only good thing (in my opinion) is that the economy has been fairly stable for ages now and that affects the pound in my pocket:D I don't want interest rates of 15% like it was in the early 90's under tories

Col

Col

Yes the Tories did leave the economy in a good condition and for once a Labour chancellor didn't immediately wreck it, mind you he has destroyed the pensions of anyone not working for the government, and increased taxation to very high levels.
Interest rates are now set by the Bank of England.

Fox hunting is a red herring and has been covered in other threads.

Brian

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:
You can read it can't you? Well that's what I used to say to my English teacher anyway! .... lol

The problem is I am using MS speech to write down what I say, being an American program, it spells colour color, the labour labor,

Tomato, Tomato that didn't work did it?

So occasionally if I forget to go and change the the "American" words to "English" then you will get this from me occasionally. I don't think it will matter in ten or twenty years time, I am sure the two cultures will convert. Unless of course we get some idiot with a French attitude where they get all stupid about preserving "the" language. Can't see that happening, our language is such a bastardised mix of other languages that it would be pointless.

Now whats a reublican?

Will it cope with a Scouse accent?:D

Brian

Len Boorman

Local time
Uncle Gizmo said:
, being an American program, be pointless.

QUOTE]
well dang my britches Unc Giz I thought you were a true Englishman.

We should not adopt the screwed up American version of English and as for French well what can I say except sacre bleu.

L

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
who have no idea what goes on in reality.
Col

Col

None of them have a bloody clue, I saw a female labourite being interviewed just a short while ago on the changes in legislation regarding having to use registered electricians.
She said "so it'll cost an extra £20 0r £30 to have a qualified electrician in", the stupid cow's living in cloud cuckoo land:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Yes the Tories did leave the economy in a good condition and for once a Labour chancellor didn't immediately wreck it, mind you he has destroyed the pensions of anyone not working for the government, and increased taxation to very high levels.
Interest rates are now set by the Bank of England.

Fox hunting is a red herring and has been covered in other threads.

Brian

Brian

Anyone think Boris Johnson should be PM?:D ;)

what is a republican?

“your mother wears army boots “
Not a phrase I'm familiar with:confused: I know some bikers wear them as they offer good protection.

Col

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You have probably already got MS speech on your PC

Brianwarnock said:
Will it cope with a Scouse accent?:D

Brian

If you have got windows XP (2002) and above, with word, you have probably got the MS speech. It comes free with these programs. So why aren't you using it?

First of all you have to sit and "talk" to your computer. A little bit disconcerting for some people.

however, don't forget, when the phone rings, you pick it up and Chatter away anywhere! What's the difference?

Really, It's psychological, once you have done it once or twice becomes easy. Once you have done the training, about fifteen minutes, the accuracy is amazing. I am using, still using office xp (2002) they tell me that the higher versions are even more accurate. However I don't have any problems with the 2002 version I am reluctant to upgrade yet.

Accent?
There are wide and diverse accents in America, so I would give it a try, I do not think you will be disappointed. Don't forget I have the wiltshire, Berkshire accent sort of a combination of the two. Sometimes I speak with a Wilshire accent and sometimes with a Berkshire accent, never a problem.

Len Boorman

Local time
Rich said:
None of them have a bloody clue, I saw a female labourite being interviewed just a short while ago on the changes in legislation regarding having to use registered electricians.
She said "so it'll cost an extra £20 0r £30 to have a qualified electrician in", the stupid cow's living in cloud cuckoo land:rolleyes:

the cloud cuckoo bit

it that the £20-£30 bit or that everybody who does a bit of diy now always brings in a qualified electrician to check the work.

The female female ref
The labourite ref

or generally that the government do not have a clue

L

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
the cloud cuckoo bit

it that the £20-£30 bit or that everybody who does a bit of diy now always brings in a qualified electrician to check the work.

The female female ref
The labourite ref

or generally that the government do not have a clue

L
All of them are applicable, but especially that an electrician will even turn up for £20 or £30 :rolleyes:

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:20
Republicans are our right wing political party -- from what I read they seem to be more right-wing than the UK's right wing (I'm winging it here, sorry for the repeats), though there is a lot of wiggle-room for members on issues when it comes down to tight races for office. Democrats are, they say, our left wing party. They are typically less left-wing than your left-wing, though, again, individual members might take a strong stance on either side of an issue if it helps them more than it hurts them. The two parties comprise a political oligarchy, with a sprinkling of self-proclaimed independents occasionally flying into the fray where they're almost always torn apart by one or the other flocks, if not both.

Relatively well known Republicans: Abraham Lincoln (the first Republican president -- before the party had established an identity). Nixon. Reagan. (Bird in the hand) Bush.

Relatively well known Democrats: Franklin Roosevelt. Carter. The Clintons. Sheryl Crow.

Len Boorman

Local time
If your left wingers are not as left as our left wingers and your right wingers are not as right as our right wingers does that sort of make them all a bunch of English Liberals who basically cannot make their mind up of what they want to be.

L

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:20
I think here it is hard to classify some as they "do what my daddy did" even if they don't agree with the party. My mother-in-law (God bless her soul) sounded like a hard core democrat, but always voted a straight republican ticket. I on the other hand am more a conservative, but a lot of hard core reublicans almost say a democrat (but they are so far right, and think they are middle it is scarry). I find it is the same on both sides. I disagree with the right on abortion, gay rights, and a couple other minor things. I disagree with the left on taxes, welfare, gun control. I disagree with both on the environment and gov. control. So it boils down to what are the issue most important to me, and which side follows most of what I like. For me it is the republicans, even if they do things I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom