We need 'Anonymous' Questions postal Option! (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:12
For Many and Most Awkward Questions like: "What to do when you suspect that one of your family members is planning to Kill you?"

Not my case anyways :cool:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:42
To be honest, most of us - I would dare say nearly all of us - lack proper qualifications to answer questions of that kind. For your example question, the most rational answer that any of us could give would be to suggest seeking professional help. Call the police and if they tell you that you are wrong, call a psychiatrist or psychologist. Or your clergy. Don't face it alone, but don't expect immediate help from someone half-a-world away on a technical forum not primarily directed to self-help in anything but technical computer issues.

I know I have fielded many awkward questions on-line, but the truth is that the odds of finding real help among the trolls and troglodytes who dwell in the general Internet are really quite low.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:12
Let's see How other reacts too. So that I can give a collective reply :)
Thanks Doc for your views...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:42
I agree with Doc to the extent that his intentions are good with the advice to limit your expectations of quality advice thrown in such a general direction to such a wide audience.

However, you never know for sure. I have had some tough problems in my life, and some of the most helpful moments were situations or communications from the most unlikely sources. "Unlikely" to my old way of thinking, before I taught myself to actually expect to learn from anyone and everyone, since God speaks to me by using any and every situation and person where I am open to receiving. Not because they are perfect or good necessarily, but because He is, and He can use just about anything to get my attention IF my heart position is humble and open.

@prabha_friend , I sure hope you are not facing a situation anywhere near similar to your example.

I hesitate to say "call the police", because I know that being able to rely on the police to generally be "against" the criminal element and "for" the behaving party is a uniquely Western/American/Privileged position, and that in some countries, the last person you'd want to be honest with is the police, depending on the situation and how likely the police might be to actually side with the criminal. If you are a person caught in adultery in Pakistan, I doubt the police are who you'd want to call when someone threatened you about the situation.

Same goes for the clergy in Pakistan. In fact hmm, I'm sensing a common element here. Maybe if you're in a truly Islamic country, the Internet actually IS the kindest resource you have! Or, if you're a Christian or a Muslim in India these days. But I digress.

Maybe your question can serve as a learning moment for you, as a reminder, a proof, that having at least one close and trusted Friend in your life--human, not digital--is extremely valuable.

Are you currently facing a very difficult situation in life that makes you feel very unsafe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom