What Are You Buying Him/Her

Len Boorman said:
and what an example you set for the rest of us to follow

:D :D

L
Its not too late Len - they're doing good stuff in the £1 shop at the minute. Did you know you can get 6 quality dishcloths for £1? Thats a sure winner if you get that:D

Col

I'm off to the shop right now.

Can you get 3 for 50p

L

Len Boorman said:
I'm off to the shop right now.

Can you get 3 for 50p

L

Hmmm, I think thats being a bit tight there Len, why not go the whole hog and spend the £1 - she'll thank you for it in the end, trust me, I'm a bass player:D :rolleyes:

Col

As a person with a Scottish Jewish ancestry.

Money doesn't grow on trees you know.

Can only use one at a time you know so 3 is a bit of an overkill really

L

ColinEssex said:
I was going to get a Dyson (vacuum cleaner) Col
Hell no, they're not worth the money, buy her something personal, like a dustpan and brush.:cool:

Rich said:
Hell no, they're not worth the money, buy her something personal, like a dustpan and brush.:cool:

Tsk..tsk..tsk Rich. :eek:

Rich said:
Yes you're right, I forgot to tell him to have it gift wrapped:(

Yes, don't forget the pretty silver bow at the top. :rolleyes:

ColinEssex said:
Its not too late Len - they're doing good stuff in the £1 shop at the minute. Did you know you can get 6 quality dishcloths for £1? Thats a sure winner if you get that:D

Col
Actually, I would LOVE some dish towels!!!!
I am much too practical, I know... and my husband hates it that I ask for things like these. Especially when his sisters ask, "What did you get Tess for Christmas?" He did get me a vacuum, on request one year... he heard about that for a month! And I backed him up, honestly! But they just don't understand.

I just don't think spending a ton of money on flashy things is ... well... going to do me any good at all. I'd rather have equity! Now THAT's a gift that lasts!

selenau837 said:
Yes, don't forget the pretty silver bow at the top. :rolleyes:
There's no need, they come tied together and gift wrapping just leads to more deforestation.

My lovely wife is an avid collector of Swarovski crystal. Our local jewellrey store is also a dealer so I got here a gift certificate.
It may be a little impersonal but I can never remember which pieces she allready has.

RE: Dishclothes for Christmas

See you in divorce court in January

Rich:
It was a gift. What are you, an Indian giver (hows that for racially insensative)

Rich said:
There's no need, they come tied together and gift wrapping just leads to more deforestation.

I didn't say new one, why not pull one off of a gift that has both paper and ribbons. :D

I tried to get the beau things that showed I listened to him and wanted to get him things he'd appreciate:

Electric razor, because we saw one on TV and I thought he said he wanted one. Turns out what he actually said was he had one, and never uses it.

Coffee maker, because his old one is busted. Got the 12-cup because the man can drink coffee all day. Have been listening ever since to how FREAKING HUGE the new coffee maker is.

A sweater which he didn't even try on because he could tell the neck would be way too tight.

Candles, because he likes candles. Those went over well.

I guess one out of four ain't bad. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom