What should go into a design document for an Access application? (1 Viewer)

Bigby3

Local time
Today, 18:41
I've been working on a semester-long group project for my Software Engineering Requirements class. It is a goal-tracking application for students with special needs at a nearby school to be used by the Special Services department. It will be implemented in Access XP. The database will be split for multiple users and require logins, with different functions available for different classes of users. We've already submitted a requirements document approved by the client (and the teacher).

Our next step is to submit a design document for approval by our teacher. The problem is, the assignment description seems to be geared toward object-oriented programs, and not so much toward what we are doing. Our teacher is looking for class diagrams and declarations, object interactions, pre- and post-conditions for methods. That is just not something we can supply. I do plan on submitting ER diagrams and a database schema, as well as a data dictionary. We will also submit an architextural context model showing how the system fits into the environment, as well as a data flow diagram. We can also supply verification and validation plans.

My question is, what else would you include in a design specification? How would you divide up the system into subsystems, or would that not really be appropriate? Are there any other models that would be necessary to more clearly state how this will work?

It seems that we won't have to write an excessive amount of code to fulfill the requirements, so how do I show how our application is designed? Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom