Windows 11 Home Date Issues (1 Viewer)

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:16
Hi

I have an Access app which runs perfectly on my laptop, running Windows 11s.

I have purchased a Surface Pro 8, running Widows 11 Home.

I have copied the front end of my app to the Surface Pro and linked the tables to the Back End on my laptop.

I am now getting erratic errors in my app on the surface pro, which all appear to be related to dates (I think!)

For example, on my laptop I have a running sum query that uses a dsum on another query.

The query field is:

ThisBalance: Format(DSum("SumofDeposits","QryDailyTransBalances","ThisDate <= #" & [ThisDate] & " # ")-DSum("Payments","QryDailyTransBalances","ThisDate <= #" & [ThisDate] & " # "),"Currency")

This has always, and does still work perfectly.

On the surface pro, the first 8 days of every month are null in the query. That is 1st to 8th of each month.

There is definitely data in the underlying query and this does not occur on my laptop.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Could it be system settings related?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
David

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:16
Compare the regional date/time settings on the two systems.

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. I have done that and they are identical.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:16
Easy enough to see what is produced by using that code in the immediate window?
That is where I always start from. Look to see what I actually have, not what I think I have.

The 8 days might just be because we are on the 8th of the month ATM?, coincidence, if days and months are swapped?
I am dd/mm/yyyy here in the UK, but need to change that to mm/dd/yyyy for that to work?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:16
Agree with gasman, most likely a date format issue which won’t resolve itself until the 13th of the month.

@Drand - are you aware of how dates are actually stored? (As a decimal number). What you see is just a formatted view of that number

So I would double check your windows regional settings for date/time

Drand

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all

It turned out to be a difference in the short date settings which I had previously overlooked.

Appreciate your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom