The crime rate in New York

Were you born yesterday?
No, and in the last 2/3 of a century i have learned how to practice critical and out-of-the-box thinking. Actually, out of the box came before critical. Critical requires self analysis. Something many people never achieve.

Beliefs are a dangerous thing, they inhibit growth and blind one to ideas that could conceivably change their lives forever.

Beliefs are a dangerous thing, they inhibit growth and blind one to ideas that could conceivably change their lives forever.
You are of course referring to beliefs you don't hold, right:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Because your beliefs are "truth".

Last edited:
You are of course referring to beliefs you don't hold, right:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Because your beliefs are "truth".
Facts are purer than beliefs. All you need for truth is to have beliefs and ignore everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Facts are purer than beliefs. All you need for truth is to have beliefs and ignore everything else.
There is a question of which facts you believe to be true. You have to go through your mental filter to decide what is a fact and what is not. This filter is subjective. And perhaps that is why Democrats and Republicans can come to completely different views on exactly the same topic.

The earth was flat, fact. according to nearly everyone. Until it wasn't.

"Ahah, but now we know it is roundish, so that is a fact!" Wait a minute, what if we are in a simulation and in fact the earth is just binary data?

Here's some bullshit for your "the crime rate is falling" claims from liberals:

Stores are being threatened with being declared a public nuisance if they report crimes. So the reporting goes down. So then liberals say see, the crime is down.

People know what they see with their own two eyes. Crime is not down, it's up.

I saw a video a couple of months ago posted by a shop owner who was having trouble with theft. He had videos of the crimes but the police were not interested. One of his employees recognized a repeat offender because she was an "influencer". He posted the video of her picking stuff up and putting them into her bag and walking out the door to her website.

Sigh, everyone and their sister wants to be an influencer. A few make real money, the rest it's just such an outweighing of young people not having their feet on the ground compared to any benefit the few who make it have.

It would be as if every young person in America spent all their time dribbling a basket ball around the house - literally all their free time, 24/7 - because "well some people in the NBA earn a lot of money".

Leadership is overrated. We need soldiers too. I for one have no interest in leadership 99% of the time - and I'm perfectly OK with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom