A textbook definition of cowardice (2 Viewers)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:57
dan-cat said:
I think you miss my point.

The UK contributed to this 'MAD' global instability. It contributed by doing the exact same thing as it has done with Iraq and Afghanistan. Concur with and aid US foreign policy. With JFK it was almost complete annihilation. Where is the hatred of JFK from the UK as compared to GWB?

Sorry if I did but I was saying that if things had gone wrong with JFK then we wouldn't be here, however he won, and the world loves a winner.

Did the arms race lead to global instability? What would have happened if the US or Russia or Both had not developed overkill? perhaps a topic for another thread?

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
and the world loves a winner.

there lies the answer methinks :)

Brianwarnock said:
Did the arms race lead to global instability? What would have happened if the US or Russia or Both had not developed overkill? perhaps a topic for another thread?

Bob Dylan certainly thought so ... :p

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 05:57
Brianwarnock said:
Sorry if I did but I was saying that if things had gone wrong with JFK then we wouldn't be here, however he won, and the world loves a winner.

Brian

I have seen some very sobbering documentaries surrounding those events and they were quite the eye opener...:eek:

Do you think JFK was done in by LBJ or some other group? I often wonder why the truth never has seemed to surface...

R

Rich

KenHigg said:

Please :) :)
Seconds out; Round Two

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Oh I don't Col, when we get our gut from protecting you Euro pansies and become an introverted nation again.

We pansies fought off the might of the German war machine while you lot sat on your a** in front of the box:rolleyes:

jsanders said:
It is prevalent in some of your finest literature.
When did you learn to read Josephine, or is that from the American media :confused:

R

Rich

jsanders said:

Of course, not unlike our agreement in Panama.

You mean like when you decided to invade the country and carry out another regime change cause the leader there didn't like America running the country, just,like the current one:rolleyes:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
We pansies fought off the might of the German war machine while you lot sat on your a** in front of the box:rolleyes:

When did you learn to read Josephine, or is that from the American media :confused:

Funny how you guys can make all kinds of personal attacks, misrepresent the fact, change history, and generally remain obtuse, while your countrymen have the nerve to say I'm getting the fundamentals wrong.

Bah...

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
You mean like when you decided to invade the country and carry out another regime change cause the leader there didn't like America running the country, just,like the current one:rolleyes:

No pots, when we build the canal the French failed at. Then we gave them a lease that ran out roughly at the same time as your lease in China.

Which I already knew was not a war effort, but I couldn't resist throwing it in.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:

Really? I always understood that a bad call from Hitler (something to do with air superiority and pride) kept them from blitzkrieging yawls pansy assess, as well as the Polls.

Yes I do agree you held them off but in the end without a combined effort by both the British and Americans that war would have gone to the Germans.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Starting to exercise your new authority?:D

I hope your responibilities don't inhibit your posting, R & C need a real challenge, GML and J make too many basic errors to be a serious opponent for them.

Brian

Name some. And not the ones supported by Rich's Metamorphosed History.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:

The finest literature, to which I was referring, was the collective works by Patrick O'Brian.

Oh what a talent that man had.

As insightful and comprehensive as any American writer.

Anyway he spoke often of individuals resenting there saviors, apparently quite a lot of British people suffer from this phenomenon. And having recently read some of his books I can certainly see where he got his inspiration.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The finest literature, to which I was referring, was the collective works by Patrick O'Brian.
I see. plagiarising somebody elses work, do you have any original thoughts of your own? :rolleyes:

jenny said:
And not the ones supported by Rich's Metamorphosed History.
That's the correct version and not the one taught in American schools

jenny said:
Really? I always understood that a bad call from Hitler (something to do with air superiority and pride) kept them from blitzkrieging yawls pansy assess, as well as the Polls.
Can you post in English so we can try and understand your comments.

jenny said:
Yes I do agree you held them off but in the end without a combined effort by both the British and Americans that war would have gone to the Germans.
You've forgotten Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, The Free French, India, the various resistance factions,etc. etc.

jenny said:
Funny how you guys can make all kinds of personal attacks, misrepresent the fact, change history, and generally remain obtuse, while your countrymen have the nerve to say I'm getting the fundamentals wrong.

Which part of history are we supposed to have changed?:confused:

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Today, 19:27
Rich said:
You've forgotten Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, The Free French, India, the various resistance factions,etc. etc.
Thank you Rich!
Our brave but misguided soldiers have died for Ol' Blighty in many wars.
Then after WWII we decided to hitch our wagons to another star & have died for the US in several more invasions... uh I mean wars (I think)

R

Rich

Adeptus said:
Thank you Rich!
Our brave but misguided soldiers have died for Ol' Blighty in many wars.
Then after WWII we decided to hitch our wagons to another star & have died for the US in several more invasions... uh I mean wars (I think)
Ah yes but the British wars were for noble causes;)

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
History is written by the victors. Fact of life.

jsanders said:
Just about anything you write about.

Which the US is just as guilty of, if not more so - cross ref most US made films - U-571 springs instantly to mind.

However, kudos to the US movie makers who freely admit that 'Nam (for example) was NOT a victory.
(kudos removed for Saving Private Ryan for not mentioning the part the other allies played :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom