A textbook definition of cowardice (2 Viewers)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:13
Brianwarnock said:
Yes Dan this was precisely the point that I was making, at no point did I deny the UK's involvement in the cold war per se, I also doubt that our nuclear deterrent would by itself have deterred the USSR. Also you will perhaps have noticed in my previous post that i referred to the fact that I had a brother in the RAF training on Thor missile technology at the time of the Cuban crisis, yes we discussed these issues in the Pubs and workplaces, we knew we were invoved.

Brian

Yes, all points are noted which is why I don't understand your support of Rich's point with regards to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Why do you support the idea that there is no link between US missilies on UK soil with the crisis? All events were to do with the nuclear arms race not solely the deployment in Turkey. The UK played a part in 'MAD' as did Cuba.

My point? GWB is not hated for his policies themselves but because the UK is being made to adhere to them by their current leader.

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 04:13
(GWB) bashers:

Admittedly, Georgie has his issues but every now and again, he gets something right so when the local DC media asked him about some of the comments and commenters here, he sent the following::p

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~g-b-dix...s/bushbird.gif

Don't worry, the "new" guy for you all to hate and blanket us with yet again will be proposed, voted on, elected, and sworn in shortly...November 7...so hurry up because time's running out to blame all the world's ill on us and Georgie!#$!:p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
GMLWORLDCHAMP! said:
...You are exhausting but that's fine...I'll keep on because some people here HAVE to oppose Bri/Rich/your irreverance!#??$!:p
good for you

jsanders is doing just fine and has my SUPPORT...something you guys share together in running after us but that's fine too...it takes all kinds even if you guys don't like the competition...
competition?? I nearly choked then. . . :D :D

So, my user name stirs you; good...far too personal, rewarding, and wholesome to share with the irreverent lot here so...thanks but no...no way!
I really don't give a toss, its probobly like most American titles (world series?)
- overexaggerated and total crap:rolleyes: :D

As far as the competitive aspects, I have described that in the Sports forum threads; RYDER CUP thread posts...something you guys should really check out so you know more about me before making such foolish remarks about a real experienced competitor; something I've seen very little from you...if it's there by all means, share...:D
so you've played golf? big deal - what do you want - a medal? get one of those purple heart things off ebay for $10

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
GMLWORLDCHAMP said:
...November 7...so hurry up because time's running out to blame all the world's ill on us and Georgie!#$!:p
the worldwide crisis GWB and the Yanks have created will go on for decades yet - there's plenty of time, in fact I don't think the USA will ever recover from being the most hated country on the planet.

Col

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Today, 05:13
ColinEssex said:
...I really don't give a toss, its probobly like most American titles (world series?)

...what do you want - a medal? get one of those purple heart things off ebay for $10

I think someone needs to give this thread a Fonzie hit, the record seems to be skipping...

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 06:13
ColinEssex said:
the worldwide crisis GWB and the Yanks have created will go on for decades yet - there's plenty of time, in fact I don't think the USA will ever recover from being the most hated country on the planet.

Col

Oh I don't Col, when we get our gut from protecting you Euro pansies and become an introverted nation again.

What are you going to do when the Chinese, who by the way took your little Pacific Island away from you, start to run their, now forming, advanced navy up your butt?

You’ll be crying, "where are the Americans?", they save us from the frying pan all last century, they owe us.

You guys are a classic example of people resenting the ones that saved them.

It is prevalent in some of your finest literature.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
Yes, all points are noted which is why I don't understand your support of Rich's point with regards to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Why do you support the idea that there is no link between US missilies on UK soil with the crisis? All events were to do with the nuclear arms race not solely the deployment in Turkey. The UK played a part in 'MAD' as did Cuba.

Let me see it was 62 correct? So I would be 21 along time ago and working from memory it semed to be the placement of missiles by Russia's own borders rather than by its satellites yhat tipped the russians into the Cuban adventure.

My point? GWB is not hated for his policies themselves but because the UK is being made to adhere to them by their current leader.

I actually was trying to make the same point and having a bit of a dig at R & C, but I guess that was missed

If me my point is that what he did did not have a negative effect on the UK and it is, I think, UK posters who are demonizing GWB and not others.

Brian

Brian

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Matty said:
I think someone needs to give this thread a Fonzie hit, the record seems to be skipping...

:p :p :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
jsanders said:
What are you going to do when the Chinese, who by the way took your little Pacific Island away from you, start to run their, now forming, advanced navy up your butt?
You really do talk rubbish, the lease on the New Territories had expired, without them Hong Kong was non viable so we handed it over as well.

Brian

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
You really do talk rubbish, the lease on the New Terretories had expired, without them Hong Kong was non viable so we handed it over as well.

Brian

Yes but alas, outsmarted by them in any event. I don't know what effect it had on your tax base but it must have been tremendous.

Of course, not unlike our agreement in Panama. Which by the way the Chinese are controlling that as well.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Starting to exercise your new authority?:D

I hope your responibilities don't inhibit your posting, R & C need a real challenge, GML and J make too many basic errors to be a serious opponent for them.

Brian

msp

Registered User.
Local time
Judging from all this animosity between the US & UK posters (it does not help that some posters seem to have very little undersanding of just about anything) I think we need a common enemy. Guess Iraq is too controversial – How about Finland,

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Starting to exercise your new authority?:D

I hope your responibilities don't inhibit your posting, R & C need a real challenge, GML and J make too many basic errors to be a serious opponent for them.

Brian

I suppose I should understand why a grown man would waste valuable time blasting away at a another person that really could care less what their opinion is on anything... But I've done it as well so who am I to judge :eek:

KenHigg

Local time
msp said:
Judging from all this animosity between the US & UK posters (it does not help that some posters seem to have very little undersanding of just about anything) I think we need a common enemy. Guess Iraq is too controversial – How about Finland,

Finland. Hum... We did spouses and kids. What's left? How about in-laws? :D :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Let me see it was 62 correct? So I would be 21 along time ago and working from memory it semed to be the placement of missiles by Russia's own borders rather than by its satellites yhat tipped the russians into the Cuban adventure.

Yes, I'm not really disagreeing with you here. Rich tried to make out that the UK had nothing to do with the situation. I agree that Turkey may have been the final straw, I wasn't there to confirm ;), but the UK was most definitely a contributor to the arms race and thus partially culpable for the instability of the times.

Brianwarnock said:
I actually was trying to make the same point and having a bit of a dig at R & C, but I guess that was missed

My apologies, it was missed by me. The UK was not negatively impacted by JFK but that's only because of the MAD factor. What if Kruschev wasn't testing JFK's mettle or JFK hadn't been so resolute? What would have happened to the UK then?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:

Brian

The others still have to earn a living so don't have the time :p

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
My apologies, it was missed by me. The UK was not negatively impacted by JFK but that's only because of the MAD factor. What if Kruschev wasn't testing JFK's mettle or JFK hadn't been so resolute? What would have happened to the UK then?

We wouldn't be having this debate. Would the total obliteration of this island have caused a tsunami type tidal wave?

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
dan-cat said:
The others still have to earn a living so don't have the time :p

I do wonder how some people manage to spend so much time on here during working hours.

Brian

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
We wouldn't be having this debate. Would the total obliteration of this island have caused a tsunami type tidal wave?

Brian

I think you miss my point.

The UK contributed to this 'MAD' global instability. It contributed by doing the exact same thing as it has done with Iraq and Afghanistan. Concur with and aid US foreign policy. With JFK it was almost complete annihilation. Where is the hatred of JFK from the UK as compared to GWB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom