Are we all escapists?

SJ McAbney said:
Some of them don't even know there's a world out there, never mind a Scotland, beyond their national borders. ;)

That's no way to talk about Rich!:D

lynsey2 said:
or in the case of hay! go for another drink/night out!!! :rolleyes:

You make is sound as though I think that's all there is to do. I am quite happy to go for a cup of tea / coffee you know or an outing during the day...it doesn't always have to be about alcohol and night life...deary me Lyns, you should know me better than that........;) :p

Hay

I thought that Hay's main form of escapism was watching the gers and wondering how they are going to catch Celtic :D , I know I know a bit like us and Chelsea:mad:

Brian

But we are European Champions and I will milk that while I can;)

Brianwarnock said:
I thought that Hay's main form of escapism was watching the gers and wondering how they are going to catch Celtic :D , I know I know a bit like us and Chelsea:mad:

Brian

But we are European Champions and I will milk that while I can;)

I am hoping Hearts will catch them instead...come on you Jambos :D

Football is a funny game isn't it Brian!!

I actually watched Clyde (first div team) play celtic off the park and I wondered " How on earth are they 7 points clear at the top of the SPL"

In my time of following The Gers, this is the worst run of performances as well as results I've ever seen...I then wondered how on earth did this team qualify for the last 16 of the champions league...not that I'm complaining of course!! It's one of the only positive things to take from our season.

At least I got Super Ally's video from santa to cheer me up!! Ahh those were the days.......:)

Hay

Hayley Baxter said:
:p Sorry Brian it's Hearts nickname or they are otherwise known as the Jam Tarts :cool:

Hay
:cool:

Is it rhyming slang or is there another reason of which I'm ignorant, like do they make jammy dodgers or summat up there?

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
:cool:

Is it rhyming slang or is there another reason of which I'm ignorant, like do they make jammy dodgers or summat up there?

Brian

:D it is silly some of the teams nicknames isn't it! :p

Simply rhyming slang for Hearts, and also influenced by the maroon colour of the team's shirts.

Hay

lynsey2 said:
I suppose a lot of people come on here and tell us a load of old rubbish, but, i think for the most part people reveal bit by bit the real life they are living and about themselfs and family!

I feel like i know a few people quite well here, i would love for them to call/ post one day and say they are coming to visit scotland and would like to meet up!!! :D

I would love to be able to do that!
Scotland is on my short list of countries I really want to see during my life.
We have to see Italy first.... (husband's heritage and all...)
I'm afraid I'll be slightly feeble by the time I can afford to see all the places I want. But Lyns and Hay, when the time comes, we'll meet up and chat over some pudding. :p ;)

TessB said:
I would love to be able to do that!
Scotland is on my short list of countries I really want to see during my life.
We have to see Italy first.... (husband's heritage and all...)
I'm afraid I'll be slightly feeble by the time I can afford to see all the places I want. But Lyns and Hay, when the time comes, we'll meet up and chat over some pudding. :p ;)

Excellent, sounds good to me....you're more than welcome Tess :) Sara has also mentioned she'd like to visit sometime. Would be nice to meet you in person!

Hay

Last edited:
lynsey2 said:
I feel like i know a few people quite well here, i would love for them to call/ post one day and say they are coming to visit...
Aren't you afraid that a dozen people (who might be friendly on the forum but not-so friendly in person) will one day knock on your door and announce they will be staying at your place for an indefinite period of time and that they would like their breakfast served at 9 sharp each morning?

Last edited:
pono1 said:
Aren't you afraid that a dozen people (who might be friendly on the forum but not-so friendly in person) will one day knock on your door and announce they will be staying at your place for an indefinite period of time and that they would like their breakfast served at 9 sharp each morning?

Especially if they're Scottish :eek: :cool: :D

pono1 said:
Is anybody immature enough to watch Neighbours (me :o )? Seems this happens all the time in Australia.

Lyns, seeing as you brought it up that I like a good night out with alcohol..not in so many words but.......are you free on sat 28th? I'm heading down your way with a few friends on sat 28th for a night out if you fancy meeting us in Blue Mondays?? Let me know..would be good to see you :)

Hay

dt01pqt said:
Is anybody immature enough to watch Neighbours (me :o )? Seems this happens all the time in Australia.
Clearly the ability to avoid unexpected guests, especially in-laws, sharply increases the quality of a person's life. That's why it's so important to learn and practice the fine art of pretending to not be home.

dt01pqt said:
Is anybody immature enough to watch Neighbours (me :o )?
I'm glad Stephanie got her leather jacket on last night to ride that Fireblade;) I thought she'd given up on the bikes.. . . . . . . Why doesn't Toadie practice law anymore?

(I wasn't watching. . . . honest, it was just on the box as I was reading the paper):rolleyes:

Col

ColinEssex said:
I'm glad Stephanie got her leather jacket on last night to ride that Fireblade;) I thought she'd given up on the bikes.. . . . . . . Why doesn't Toadie practice law anymore?

(I wasn't watching. . . . honest, it was just on the box as I was reading the paper):rolleyes:

Col
Toad only seems to defend friends and family and he never seems to collect a fee.

dt01pqt said:
Toad only seems to defend friends and family and he never seems to collect a fee.
Have you noticed how Dr Karl seems to do everything? he's A/E Consultant at hospital, he's an Obstetrician, he looks after anyone who's admitted, he has a GP practice and he counsels the kids at school, he sits around in the coffee shop. How does he fit it all in?

Col

I didn't even know Neighbours was still on these days. Haven't watched it since Kylie, Jason and bouncer the dog were the stars :rolleyes:

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom