Christmas Decorations (2 Viewers)

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Our time began when we decided to kick ya'lls tyrannical predecessors off our continent.
and decided to continue the practice yourselves:rolleyes:

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Today, 07:35
I'm not anti-American.

I have been very civil to J and the rest. I am quite envious of some of the freedoms that are in place in parts of the US. My problem is with the increasing litigation in this country, and the worrying trend that we are becoming anti-British, losing our identity. Not because of America, necessarily, but because of the political correctness which is being inflicted on us from every direction. You may as well label me anti-European. A far more accurate description.

R

Rich

nikkypickles said:
I'm not anti-American.

I have been very civil to J and the rest. I am quite envious of some of the freedoms that are in place in parts of the US. My problem is with the increasing litigation in this country, and the worrying trend that we are becoming anti-British, losing our identity. Not because of America, necessarily, but because of the political correctness which is being inflicted on us from every direction. You may as well label me anti-European. A far more accurate description.
Oddly enough I used to be the same here and started out with the same philosophy as yourself

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
nikkypickles said:
I'm not anti-American.

You may as well label me anti-European. A far more accurate description.

Nicky,

I'm with you on that.

I am fed up with all this political correctness nonsense.

It is the beaurocrats in Brussells that are responsible for this not the Americans.

The sooner the UK leaves the EU the better!

I have nothing against people migrating from poorer eurpoean countries to here to work, as long as they have skills that we can find useful. What I disaprove of is all the spongers who come over just to claim our benefits.

White, Black, Asian, Muslim, I do not care what race or creed, if they are a benefit to the UK they are welcome and I will call them friend, but if they are here just to sponge off our state then I say send them back.

I don't feel that this is a racist comment, although some people might.
Some of my best friends have been black and Asian.

R

Rich

nikkypickles said:
So what changed?

Help me to avoid this future.
Constant belittlement by most of the American male posters here, I have to say though that the female Americans posting here are far more enlightened than their male counterparts

R

Rich

scott-atkinson said:
Nicky,

I'm with you on that.

I am fed up with all this political correctness nonsense.

Bliar sucked us deeper into it

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Rich said:
likes of Benny Hill removed from our screens

Bring back Benny Hill.

It wasn't smuty not by todays standards it was good clean innuendo fun.

It was the feminist brigade who got him remved from the TV.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 02:35
Rich said:
and decided to continue the practice yourselves:rolleyes:

But we’re, oh so much better at it. And more deserving as well.

Worked out pretty good for ya'll last century. To the British rescue; not once but twice.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Constant belittlement by most of the American male posters here,

The ol' pots a steamin"
that kettle, she sure is black,

R

Rich

jsanders said:
But we’re, oh so much better at it. And more deserving as well.

Worked out pretty good for ya'll last century. To the British rescue; not once but twice.
Yeah, the first time you turned up when it was nearly finished and the second time you turned up because somebody dropped a turd in your custard

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:35
I love Benny Hill, I remember being a kid and watching it on tv at home. I know BBC america plays benny hill and I gotta say I love Whose Line is it anyway

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Yeah, the first time you turned up when it was nearly finished

Tell that to the families of the 116,516 Americans that died over there, 53,402, in battle and 63,114 other (they must have been seriously short on medical knowledge and army safety training) and the 204,002 wounded.

You’re always up in the air about American’s denigrating Britain’s participation, and yet when it comes to America; no amount loss would be enough for you.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Speaking of Christmas Decorations

We have some really dedicated families all over America it’s so much fun to take the kids for a ride through some of the neighborhoods where it’s popular to decorate.

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Decorations

jsanders said:
Speaking of Christmas Decorations

We have some really dedicated families all over America it’s so much fun to take the kids for a ride through some of the neighborhoods where it’s popular to decorate.

I have to say that, while a lot of the images that make it to this side of the pond show very garish, over-the-top decorations - at both Christmas and Hallowe'en - some of the ones I've seen are quite tastefully done and beautiful.
There is a street near where I live where a lot of gypsies reside (legally, let's not tangent the thread again!) and they decorate the entire cul-de-sac.
Unfortunately, because of the reason I gave before about the US media over here, the influence of many decorations in this country tends to be of the "OMG, take it down, you are a nuisance to the neighbours" variety.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
nikkypickles said:
I have to say that, while a lot of the images that make it to this side of the pond show very garish, over-the-top decorations - at both Christmas and Hallowe'en - some of the ones I've seen are quite tastefully done and beautiful.
There is a street near where I live where a lot of gypsies reside (legally, let's not tangent the thread again!) and they decorate the entire cul-de-sac.
Unfortunately, because of the reason I gave before about the US media over here, the influence of many decorations in this country tends to be of the "OMG, take it down, you are a nuisance to the neighbours" variety.

It's sounds like British freedom is under serious attack (as is the US). Not from the government as much as the lawyers.

I say again...

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Tell that to the families of the 116,516 Americans that died over there, 53,402, in battle and 63,114 other (they must have been seriously short on medical knowledge and army safety training) and the 204,002 wounded.

You’re always up in the air about American’s denigrating Britain’s participation, and yet when it comes to America; no amount loss would be enough for you.
No I'll pass your message on to the million odd British and Commonwealth relatives of those who gave their lives before you arrived on the scene.
I'll remind them just how much they owe to the Americans for saving them

R

Rich

nikkypickles said:
I don't think it's the actual decorations that neighbours object to, but the traffic that's generated by sightseers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom