I'm in Love with ChatGPT (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:41
I posted the post that starts with this into Grok..

Sort of, and in a very innovative way....... Something IMPRESSIVE happened with GROK!!!

Along with the following instruction / observation

Are my observations correct?
Is there anything I can do to improve the experience, hashtags and the like?
This is something well worth promoting on x... Could you give me any relevant information to make a good posting?

Grok Said:-
Your observations are correct; Grok is designed to provide contextually relevant information to enhance your conversation. To improve your experience and make the most of Grok's capabilities, consider these suggestions:

Engage with the context provided: When Grok includes tweets or other external sources, take the time to read and understand them. This will help you integrate the information into your conversation

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
OpenAI are making an announcement today about important updates to ChatGPT. He says what they have done "feels like magic". There is all sorts of speculation about what it might be. Could it be something to do with a live search type of thing? Agents? Who knows. Anyway, it is coming later today.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I asked the New version of ChatGTP which is named:- ChatGPT-4o for some reason, the following question:-

Tell me about yourself? Are you much better than my old friend ChatGPT who I nicknamed "chatty" because it talked far too much!

ChatGPT-4o responded thus:-
Hey there! I'm ChatGPT, a newer, shinier version of your old buddy "Chatty." Think of me as "ChatGPT with a twist" – I've got all the knowledge and capabilities you remember, but I'm better at keeping it concise and getting straight to the point. I've been designed to be more responsive to your specific needs and preferences, including being more direct and assertive, just as you like.

### Key Improvements:
1. **Conciseness**: I've honed my ability to provide clear, straightforward answers without the extra fluff.
2. **Customization**: I can adapt my tone and style to match what you prefer, from macho tech-savvy uncle to a more formal style, depending on your mood.
3. **Technical Expertise**: Still a whiz with all things tech, especially if you need to dive into VBA, Microsoft Access, or any other programming challenges.
4. **Efficiency**: Quicker at understanding and responding to your needs, so you spend less time wading through lengthy explanations.

In short, I'm like "Chatty," but with the benefit of feedback and experience to make our interactions smoother and more effective. So, ready to put me to the test? Anything specific you need help with right now?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:41
I picked up a Samsung Galaxy s24 ultra today. It's going to take months to figure it all out.

It has built in A.I.

Apparently it has a feature where you can have it translate your phone calls in real time, in both directions.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I was chatting with the new chatty o, through the new Android interface, which allows you to speak directly with your voice without typing text and chatty answers you in speech as well!

It's very good, it's just like having a conversation with a real person.

I need to get the strimmer going. I found a bottle of two stroke oil, and it's measurement options were limited to say the least. All it could do is 50 to 1 for 1 liter, 2 litre, 3 liter , 4l & 5 litres....

I think my strimmer is 25 to 1, I'm not 100% sure but that's what's going in, it's better to put too much oil in than too little, all you get is a bit of smoke and maybe an oiled up plug!

So I thought if I fill it up to the 50 to 1 Mark for two liters, and put that in one liter then that would be 25 to 1...

That's a good question to check chatty's abilities.

I'm stood in the kitchen explaining to Chatty, who has a female voice on my phone that I want to know how much two-stroke oil to put in and whether I can put the 2 liter measurement into one liter and that'll be 25 to 1 mix, and chatty answers me in a lovely female voice which my wife overheard... My wife said, you can't ask her that, women don't know anything about two stroke oil and strimmers!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you mean you have the very latest version where the female voice picks up on your own emotional intonation and responds accordingly?

Edit: I see access to the o version is only for paid users so far.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just checked and I need to press the headphones icon. I got it too!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Looks like I have only limited access. It said after a short period that I have used up my allowance for GPT4o.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Here are the rates:

1715964754134.png

At first I thought an AWF Team membership would be good, but for my purposes, 3.5 pretty much does what I need it to, although the image generation would be nice - AND - I could get what I need for myself for $5 less a month.

Not to mention the financial obligation on Jon's part. If someone decided they don't want to pay, he would have to cover it and hope they do the right thing!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
In view of this development, where ChatGPT offers shall we say. "Add-on services" I'd like to make it clear, the title of this thread was chosen in regard to the first version of Chatty, and not the later versions, that have alluring attributes:-

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:41
I'd like to make it clear, the title kof this thread was chosen in regard to the first version of Chatty, and not the later versions, that have alluring attributes:-
LOL LOL you can't take it back now Uncle, just teasing

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've been using the ChatGPT interface on Android and noticed some interesting differences compared to what I've seen on YouTube videos of the iPhone interface.

It seems the iPhone version might be of a higher quality when it comes to voice modulation.

I requested a body scan meditation. The response was like text reading software, lacking the soothing, modulated voice I've seen in iPhone demos.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've been using the ChatGPT interface on Android and noticed some interesting differences compared to what I've seen on YouTube videos of the iPhone interface.

It seems the iPhone version might be of a higher quality when it comes to voice modulation.

I requested a body scan meditation. The response was like text reading software, lacking the soothing, modulated voice I've seen in iPhone demos.
I would imagine that is more of a roleout thing. The new voice is supposed to pick up on your own emotions, which is a freaky thing. I too noticed it was more monotone. I'm sure it will all kick in real soon so we can have the flirty "her" clone.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You may have noticed this post I made recently:-

Before I made that post I had had several hours chatting with chatty about the issue and chatty produced several solutions, all of which failed.

I explained to chatty the reasons why I thought its solutions wouldn't work, in other words I was trying to give it the information so that it could come up with a working solution, it acknowledged my comment and then went ahead in the same old way and produced another non-working piece of code.

I decided to ask on the forum, and as you can see MajP came back with the correct solution practically instantly!

So there's still hope for humans!

The first draft of the above post linked to was generated by chatty and subsequently edited by me to make it sound more human. I wondered, did I succeed or did anyone notice that it had a chatty origin?

BTW, ### Subject: Seeking . .. is a dead giveaway!

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
MajP or ChatGPT...I would choose MajP 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. There are a few on this forum, yourself included, who fit that bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom