Job Titles

Col beat me to the reply.:(

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
No, I think that it was just a general comment this time, I doubt that col had remembered what had passed in the other thread, that would require that he takes things seriously:D

Brian

Come on Brian, I doubt he'd remember and bring up the phrase 'Horses Ass' unless he had specific intent. Aren't you just trying to help him out because you guys are buddies outside the forum? Can you use your detective skills to uncover his true motive for the gutter remarks?

Just to get this thread back on track

My job Title is IT Support Officer

My job is the "Hey You" odd job man for any activity that involves a computer.
I work 3 days a week at a charity and have done for 13 years after coming to help out for 1 year after my retirement from being a Tech manager coincided with my wife's cancer diagnosis and my eyes going AWOL.

I've enjoyed it but I am retiring in March having told the CE to shove his new job description.

Brian

KenHigg said:
Come on Brian, I doubt he'd remember and bring up the phrase 'Horses Ass' unless he had specific intent. Aren't you just trying to help him out because you guys are buddies outside the forum? Can you use your detective skills to uncover his true motive for the gutter remarks?

I have no contact with col outside the forum , tho' I think that he would be an intereesting bloke to have a drink with, however he lives at the other end of the country.
I wasn't taking sides, I was genuinly puzzled, and my last comment was a bit flippant, but obviously failed to lighten the mood.

Brian

Last edited:
KenHigg said:
Aren't you just trying to help him out because you guys are buddies outside the forum?
Brian is in Liverpool, thats about 300 miles away from Essex:rolleyes:

Col

Brianwarnock said:
I have no contact with col outside the forum , tho' I think that he would be an intereesting bloke to have a drink with, however he lives at the other end of the country.
I wasn't taking sides, I was genuinly puzzelled(sp), and my last comment was a bit flippant, but obviously failed to lighten the mood.

Brian

So you think my responses to his original gutter remark were a bit skewed?

ColinEssex said:
Brian is in Liverpool, thats about 300 miles away from Essex:rolleyes:

Col
That's virtually next-door neighbours in the US Col.:D You know petrol at 30p per gallon....

KenHigg said:
So you think my responses to his original gutter remark were a bit skewed?

I think that you may have read more into them than was intended, if that is equal to skewed then yes. The problem with the forum is there is no body language to help us out in understanding, interpreting,etc,comments.

Brian

I find it incredible that an everyday (UK) phrase innocently said about no-one in particular can cause such a stir.:confused:

. . . . . just imagine if I had directed a remark specifically at Ken or Kraj or another of our American colleagues. . . . . .:rolleyes:

Col

ColinEssex said:
. . . . . just imagine if I had directed a remark specifically at Ken or Kraj or another of our American colleagues. . . . . .:rolleyes:

Col
They'd have called out the national guard to invade, I mean look what George did to Saddam for calling his daddy names:rolleyes:

Rich said:
They'd have called out the national guard to invade,
Is that the same as the ROTC? the pretend soldiers we spoke of last week?

Col

Brianwarnock said:
I think that you may have read more into them than was intended, if that is equal to skewed then yes. The problem with the forum is there is no body language to help us out in understanding, interpreting,etc,comments.

Brian

Sorry Brian, I still say Cols comments were directed at me. If not, then he should have no problem apologizing and clarifying what he meant to say...

KenHigg said:
Sorry Brian, I still say Cols comments were directed at me. If not, then he should have no problem apologizing and clarifying what he meant to say...

Meow!StickCatBluePillowCaseGlowintheDark.jpg

KenHigg said:
Sorry Brian, I still say Cols comments were directed at me. If not, then he should have no problem apologizing
Now just let me check this - you want me to apologise to you because I said an everyday remark that did not mention you by name or any of your family, that you assumed was directed at you? - er, won't that mean I have to apologise to 300million US people too because I didn't direct the remark at them either? on-yer-bike matey!;) :rolleyes:
KenHigg said:
and clarifying what he meant to say...
I refer you to the comment I made earlier
I find it incredible that an everyday (UK) phrase innocently said about no-one in particular can cause such a stir

Col

ColinEssex said:
Now just let me check this - you want me to apologise to you because I said an everyday remark that did not mention you by name or any of your family, that you assumed was directed at you? - er, won't that mean I have to apologise to 300million US people too because I didn't direct the remark at them either? on-yer-bike matey!;) :rolleyes:

I refer you to the comment I made earlier

Col

So who was it directed at?

KenHigg said:
So who was it directed at?
Tell me Ken, which part of "innocently said about no-one in particular" is it you're having difficulty with.:rolleyes:

Col

ColinEssex said:
Tell me Ken, which part of "innocently said about no-one in particular" is it you're having difficulty with.:rolleyes:

Col

Come on now.... surely there must have been SOMETHING to the reference of people calling other people horses asses.

All this ruckus.... you've taken quite a bit of time poking each other in the chest today, haven't you boys? If I were your mothers, I'd have to seperate yous.

Now, it's almost the UK's bedtime.... can't let you go to sleep annoyed.... s'not healthy! ;) Turn out the light and go get you some supper.

We'll be here tomorrow. Though, not TOO early, mind you.... we stay up to all hours of the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom