make all text uppercase (1 Viewer)

lilakathy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:22
I have access 97. i want to make all text uppercase no matter what i type. I am in the General Tab in the Field Properties section of my table. I tried two things:
1. putting > in the format section
2. putting > i the input mask section

i saved each time and closed out access but i can't get it to work. any suggestions?

Tim K.

Registered User.
Local time
You should be able to put > in Format property of the control. I wonder why it does not work with yours?

DBL

Registered User.
Local time
You could do it at the form stage. On the AfterUpdate event of the field you want in uppercase do:

Me.[yourfieldname] = Ucase(Me.[yourfieldname])

This will convert the text to uppercase and save it to the table in that format too.

lilakathy

Registered User.
Local time
i've got it. your word "control" helped. it worked when i right-clicked on the control in design view of the form and chose properties then format and then typed ">". thank you. I don't know why it wouldn't work in the table.

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:22
Using the ">" in the format property will only change the way the data is viewed (at table level in this case) .... not the way it is stored.

If you want to convert existing data to Upper Case then you will need to create a temporary Update Query to convert the existing data to Upper Case. You then need to handle that conversion of any new data being entered at the data entry form level.

HTH
RDH

Last edited:

lilakathy

Registered User.
Local time
this is a whole new area i haven't read about. this will be my next step. thank you for your response..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom