Need some support/consulting (1 Viewer)

oTb

Local time
Today, 12:29
Hello -

How's your day going?

I am looking for some skills. A very particular set of skills.

• Access Developer
  • Access Web App
  • Sharepoint (On Prem - 2016 IIRC- usual end of life for web app reasons)
  • SQL (2019 / 15.0.x)

We have a Share Point / Access Web App that stores the data in SQL but uses Access as the development tool. I am looking for a consultant/company/contractor who has experience of Access Web Apps Published to Share point and SQL that can potential help support the app/website until we have migrated to a new platform in the next 6 to 12 months.

Any recommendations or volunteers?

Thanks

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 04:29
Hello -

How's your day going?

I am looking for some skills. A very particular set of skills.

• Access Developer
  • Access Web App
  • Sharepoint (On Prem - 2016 IIRC- usual end of life for web app reasons)
  • SQL (2019 / 15.0.x)

We have a Share Point / Access Web App that stores the data in SQL but uses Access as the development tool. I am looking for a consultant/company/contractor who has experience of Access Web Apps Published to Share point and SQL that can potential help support the app/website until we have migrated to a new platform in the next 6 to 12 months.

Any recommendations or volunteers?

Thanks
Because AWAs were deprecated more than five years ago, I doubt that very many Access developers even recall them, let alone support them.

It is true that although they were dropped from the MS365 subscription platform, they could still be supported internally by organizations who had their own SharePoint Server on which to deploy the Access Web Services required to do so. I imagine that's where you are.

As the co-author of one of the few books ever written on AWAs at the time, I'm pretty sure I used to have the basic skills, but I've also been retired for more than five years and I doubt I'd be the right person for any heavy-duty support. For one thing, you'd have to provide credentials for the support person to work on your site since there are no other environments still available to the general public.

I do know one organization, based in Europe, which did carry on support for AWAs following the deprecation and you might be able to get help from them. The head of the organization is Rob Koelmans.

oTb

Local time
Because AWAs were deprecated more than five years ago, I doubt that very many Access developers even recall them, let alone support them.
Sir - thank you for your prompt reply. This is exactly the problem I have inherited. I'll take a look at MetaMicro. Providing access and creds is not a challenge. It's all in the cloud and most of the team work remotly.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:29
Hello. I have a little; but not a lot, of experience with AWAs. If you contact me via email, I might be able to take a look and let you know if I can support it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
We've migrated a couple of Access apps from AWA onto Azure with the redevelopment of the Access front end.
Message me if you want a further discussion.

oTb

Local time
Hello. I have a little; but not a lot, of experience with AWAs. If you contact me via email, I might be able to take a look and let you know if I can support it.

We've migrated a couple of Access apps from AWA onto Azure with the redevelopment of the Access front end.
Message me if you want a further discussion.

Thanks - I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Andrew2

Local time
Today, 07:29
Hi,
If you are still on the lookout for some help I would be glad to help you out, as what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom