News Stories Rants

selenau837 said:
Can't see the link...can you post it Kennyboy!! So I can marvel as this new story.

You can't see the link at the top of the thread (Post #1)?

KenHigg said:
Does your understanding of English language permit you to see that the ryhme blunder probably wasn't the focus of the news story? (Which, btw, was funny the first time you mentioned it...)
One can only assume the kid was reflecting what appears to be a regular occurrance in American society. Whats wrong with that? As Malcy said, the teacher needs a reality check and loosen up a bit and stop being so oversensitive.:rolleyes:

The Boomtown Rats did a song here about the massacre by the " I Don't like mondays kid" - it got to No 1 in the UK.

Col

KenHigg said:
You can't see the link at the top of the thread (Post #1)?

Ok, let me rephrase that. I can't check it out due to the tracking of my activities here at work.

ColinEssex said:
One can only assume the kid was reflecting what appears to be a regular occurrance in American society. Whats wrong with that? As Malcy said, the teacher needs a reality check and loosen up a bit and stop being so oversensitive.:rolleyes: Col

I'm sure the teach was a dope and maybe he was out to get her, but the kid is going to have to learn when enough is enough and how to deal with his type...

selenau837 said:
Can't see the link...can you post it Kennyboy!! So I can marvel as this new story.

Here's a cut & paste:

SUWANEE -- A high school student has been suspended after a teacher accused her of singing a threatening song in class.

Beth Ann Cox, 16, admits singing the song, which is a morbid spoof of "On top of Ol' Smokey," but she denies any wrongdoing.

The lyrics that alarmed the German teacher were: "On top of Ol' Smokey, all covered with blood, I shot my poor teacher with a .44 slug."

Cox insists she wasn't threatening teacher Phil Carroll, "Its not like I was looking at him."

The junior at Peachtree Ridge High School says she learned the song in grade school.

Carroll sent a email to school administrators claiming Cox was looking directly at him while she sang.

He said he was concerned about the word "shoot".

ColinEssex said:
One can only assume the kid was reflecting what appears to be a regular occurrance in American society. Whats wrong with that? As Malcy said, the teacher needs a reality check and loosen up a bit and stop being so oversensitive.:rolleyes:

The Boomtown Rats did a song here about the massacre by the " I Don't like mondays kid" - it got to No 1 in the UK.

Col

Col, I have to disagree with you here. With children taking guns to school and shooting classmates and teachers, they have the right to be over sensative.

Don't go off on tanget about guns, but making a point.

selenau837 said:
Col, I have to disagree with you here. With children taking guns to school and shooting classmates and teachers, they have the right to be over sensative.

Don't go off on tanget about guns, but making a point.
Is that why your schools have airport type detectors fitted now?

Col

Ken's gone now :rolleyes:

Selena said:
Sad to say, yes.
Unfortunately, thats another of the penalties of your lax gun laws and it obviously puts the idea of carrying a gun into the childrens minds when they should be "innocent" and doing things children do.

Col

ColinEssex said:
Ken's gone now :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, thats another of the penalties of your lax gun laws and it obviously puts the idea of carrying a gun into the childrens minds when they should be "innocent" and doing things children do.

Col

That doesn’t have anything to do with lax gun laws. The guns are usually stolen or are taken from the irresponsible parents. When guns are properly put away, children cannot access them. So Col dear, you can’t blame our gun laws. Blame those who allow the children to get them. Either criminals who give illegal guns to the kids or to the parents who aren’t responsible enough to secure the guns in a proper manner

selenau837 said:
Sad to say, yes.

Why are you defending our way of life with a person living in a country that has many of the same type probems we have?

KenHigg said:
Why are you defending our way of life with a person living in a country that has many of the same type probems we have?

Don't know, I felt propelled to repsond.

selenau837 said:
Don't know, I felt propelled to repsond.

He's simply rude. No other way to put it. You're wasting your time...

KenHigg said:

*huge hug* Don't let him get to you Kenny boy!! Besides Sel is here to protect you. :D

KenHigg said:
its a good job you're setting a good example then Kenny "dear":rolleyes:

Col

OK dang it...you two behave. *stern look to both* Or else y'all will be in trouble. :D This is the 'cooler, not the other one to be mean to each other.

KenHigg said:
I don't recall a UK student machine gunning pupils and teachers at random.

Col

ColinEssex said:
I don't recall a UK student machine gunning pupils and teachers at random.

Col

Hence the word 'many' :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom