News Stories Rants

KenHigg said:
Students can be cruel, rude, belittling, etc., or just plain stupid without any reprocussion.
Since when? ... Or do you mean to each other? :rolleyes:

Rich said:
their sole purpose is to kill

Wrong. As usual :rolleyes:

Rich said:
Which part is wrong? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: For starters:

image9GR.JPG

Kraj said:
You pretty much answered your own question. It is too much when it escalates into actions.
Ok, so it is to be ignored until actions are made by the student?

Yep. I really have to add, though, that this problem is partially the fault of teachers. For decades there have been many, many teachers in the schools who don't deserve the respect of the students or the parents and nothing has been done about it. Teachers can be cruel, rude, belittling, etc., or just plain stupid without any reprocussion. More often than not, administrators don't take student complaints seriously. It's no wonder that children who grew up being taught by people like that have no respect for teachers now that they're adults.
Throughout my school days, I had pretty good teachers. They always treated me with respect becuase I treated them with it. I only saw rudeness, if any, from the teachers towards students who were rude in the the frist place.

Rich said:
Why have them in the first place since their sole purpose is to kill, or is it so responsible parents can teach the little uns how to kill?
Rich, i'm not getting into that here. You know my stance on gun laws and ownership. They are very useful tools and protection devices when you own them legally and have all the proper permits.

My father was a police office which means I grew up around guns. I've got the proper respect for them and knew not to mess with them. My father always placed them in locked areas were my sisters and I couldn't get to them.

KenHigg said:
:rolleyes: For starters:

Are you prepared to stand in front of it to prove the point?
The gun is designed to kill, the fact that in this instance it's being used for something else doesn't detract from its original purpose:rolleyes:

selenau837 said:
They are very useful tools and protection devices when you own them legally and have all the proper permits.

Protection against what, other gun users?:confused:

Rich said:
Protection against what, other gun users?:confused:

We all know this world is not like 1950's Mayberry NC, *as depicted by Andy Griffith show*.

Heck in the 20 yrs since I was a youngin, the world has changed. I could play outside all day, go miles from home and my mom not worry. Now days, my kids have to play in a fenced yard, and only where I can see them.

The world is not safe, and that is why I think the ownership of guns is ok. If it is me against a 350lb man trying to kidnap my kids. Do you really think I can stop them with my own strength? No, that is why I would have a gun.

Currently I don't own one, so my trusty bat is all I have for now. But once I get all my proper permits and fully trained I will own one. :rolleyes:

selenau837 said:
Heck in the 20 yrs since I was a youngin, the world has changed. I could play outside all day, go miles from home and my mom not worry. Now days, my kids have to play in a fenced yard, and only where I can see them.

The world is not safe, and that is why I think the ownership of guns is ok. If it is me against a 350lb man trying to kidnap my kids. Do you really think I can stop them with my own strength? No, that is why I would have a gun.

Currently I don't own one, so my trusty bat is all I have for now. But once I get all my proper permits and fully trained I will own one. :rolleyes:

Why is the world no safer than it was 20yrs ago, are you sure it's just not media hype? :confused:

Rich said:
Are you prepared to stand in front of it to prove the point?

duh...Are you willing to stand in front of speeding car...

Rich said:
The gun is designed to kill, the fact that in this instance it's being used for something else doesn't detract from its original purpose:rolleyes:

You seem to be trying to weasle out of your original statement, again,... as usual...:rolleyes:

selenau837 said:
Ok, so it is to be ignored until actions are made by the student?
I don't recall at any point saying the behavior should be ignored. I've only been saying suspension is an inappropriate resonse.

selenau837 said:
Throughout my school days, I had pretty good teachers. They always treated me with respect becuase I treated them with it. I only saw rudeness, if any, from the teachers towards students who were rude in the the frist place.
Lucky you. :p

Rich said:
The gun is designed to kill, the fact that in this instance it's being used for something else doesn't detract from its original purpose
Actually a gun is designed to strike a target with a projectile. A design exists independent of intention.

Last edited:
Kraj said:
I don't recall at any point saying the behavior should be ignored. I've only been saying suspension is an inappropriate resonse.

If the situation had escalated and you had a daughter or son at the school, you may have a different opinion...

KenHigg said:
duh...Are you willing to stand in front of speeding car...

One can steer a car, what's your point:rolleyes:

You seem to be trying to weasle out of your original statement, again,... as usual...:rolleyes
I'm doing no such thing, you're using silly comparisons:rolleyes:

Kraj said:

I'm sure she learned her lesson did she not. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom