Object Class does not Support the Set of Events (1 Viewer)

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Hi guys

I have spent many hours Googling and trying t solve this issue I have with an Access 2007 database.

I and trying to link to Outlook 2007 using the "External Data/More/Outlook Folder option and keep getting the "Object Class does not Support the Set of Events" error message.

I can link to a DBF and Paradox file without any problems.

I am running Office 2007 Professional and Access 2007 and Windows 10.

I have also done the following:

1. Removed Office 365
2. Decompiled the Access VBA code and corrected any issues
3. Compacted/Repaired the database

I have attached a screen shot of the references that I have selected.

This is a new setup as I recently purchased a new PC and Windows environment. I still have the old PC running Windows XP with the same configuration and it also experiences exactly the same error message.

Thanks for any help you can provide as this is driving me nuts.

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• access01.jpg
    access01.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 174

davestuart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:20
Hi Greg, Office 365 can mess things up so maybe try a re-install of Office, or repair Office. So is this when you just try and create the reference link or do you have code that is causing this?

Dave

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Dave,

I forgot to say that I have already tried the Repair. The XP PC that is also exhibiting the same issue does not have Office 365 or any other Office version installed....

Regards
Greg

davestuart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Greg,

I've never had this issue before and never connected to Outlook like this. Anyway try creating a new blank Access database, don't do anything but link to an Outlook folder. Does that work?

If that works then remove those bottom 3 references in your app (screenshot) and see if that fixes the issue. Do this in a backup copy.

I'm no expert on the Outlook linking but just wanna see if I can help.

Let me know how that goes
Dave

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Dave,

I just tried a new blank database and the same error is displayed.....it's interesting that I can link to a DBF or Paradox file without any issues......

I have also tried with Outlook not running...

davestuart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Greg, sorry to hear that. My only remaining advise would be to remove MS Access completely, reboot, reinstall MS Access and try again. I read somewhere that this might help. Also if you have runtime Access installed then this might also be a cause.

Good Luck
Dave

Lateral

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Dave,

I'll try what you have suggested and report back..

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom