Oh baby, baby...

Could be...let me check out the link. NH is a LONG way from VA. I might have to do it the wimp way and tow the bikes the majority and ride in...
Funny you should say that. The Last year that I went, my Dad who was a motorcycle dealer, once had a motorcycle race team, came down with lung cancer (three packs a day), and could not drive all the way to NH. I drove his Triumph Bonneville, and him and my mother drove up in his Pontiac (yup Bonneville). Once we got up there, I rode on the back of my friends bike, (a Norton) and my parents rode the Bonneville from hotel to the track. One year in Laconia I witness a wedding at the track. The groom drove up to the alter on a Indian chief, and the bride rode up on an Indian princes.

Anybody ever been to dirt track motorcycle racing in Keene, NH. My Dad had customized a British paratrooper bike and at 4 years old I learned to balance on that instead of a bicycle. When I was only 5 years old, before the races they put me in front of the grandstand.

I rode on the back of my friends bike, (a Norton)
As a kid I worked at our yacht club and one of the other members left on a boat trip and left his Norton at the club. Big mistake leaving the keys with us. We couldn't even drive yet but had a great time in the parking lot.

My first street bike was a (I think) '04 Honda Shadow. That proved a bit cramped with a second rider but was a nice learning bike. I upgraded to a '02 Honda VTX 1800. Thing was an absolute monster compared to the Shadow but was so much more pleasant to ride. Also was interesting to learn a nearly 900lb bike could very easily pop up onto one wheel with that 1800cc V-Twin.

I sold it when I bought the house and started having kids and still regret getting rid of it to this day. Was Hondas limited edition Uranium Green and it was gorgeous. I hope to own a Honda Rune someday once the kiddos get older.

We go to pick it out/order it on Saturday...pics to follow!

giphy.gif

Looks like we are only bringing one home. Story and pics to follow...paperwork is a bear

Since it is a floor model (2022), the mechs have to give it a once over and it is too late in the day. Not impressed with this dealership.
IMG-20230401-WA0002.jpg

This is the one we bought. Missy is a little intimidated but we will get her there. The plan was for her to take it home but it looks like it will be me once the dealership gets their act together
1680382013032905938804680734518.jpg

Started Sep 5th, program called Optavia. It has some negative press but it works. I'm in the transition phase now to determine my Body-mass Index (BMI) so we will see if I can keep it off.

Good program, but it ain't cheap!

Welcome to the IMRC! You gonna love it.

I don't wanna hear how fat you used to be, I wanna hear some details.

Did ya add the bags? Delivery date?

It hit the mid 60's today so I was able to get out for a first ride. Felt good.

I don't wanna hear how fat you used to be, I wanna hear some details.
Hater...

Did ya add the bags? Delivery date?
We added a saddle bag and a passenger seat with token back rest. They wanted to charge a mint for installation so I will be doing it myself. We pick it up on Tuesday with a clean bill of health and a full tank of gas. The bike is hers...I saw a Cheif that was begging me to take her home..

It hit the mid 60's today so I was able to get out for a first ride. Felt good.
It was nice here too...I was looking forward to taking a ride. Oh well, more good days to ride. So where are we meeting up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom