Oh baby, baby...

A neighbor has one. I've never used it,

Mapped out a 17mi course with some semi-sharp turns. I try to ride it once a day to get my lean on. Hands down the best part of my day! Should have done this YEARS ago...

I see another trip to the dealer in my near future. I may stay with the Scout but I will have to get some higher handle bars - the Bobber has my 5'9'' frame leaning WAY too forward.

I see another trip to the dealer in my near future. I may stay with the Scout but I will have to get some higher handle bars - the Bobber has my 5'9'' frame leaning WAY too forward.
I got the low reach handlebars ( they are slightly longer) and a low reach seat ( pushes you slightly forward) on mine.

Been logging about 20 miles a day. Loving every minute of it - so much so that I am taking a test ride this weekend. MTF...

Well, this just happened...

A26EEB62-C402-400A-B209-FB6550DC85CE.jpg

Much more comfortable than the Bobber. Thinking the spouse is going to claim her

Next . . .

Pick up a pair of blue tooth helmet intercoms. Daughter and I use them . They're amazing. Can talk bike to bike within a half mile of each other . Also connects to phone for hands free calls , plays your music and AM FM radio too. You would think a phone call or the intercom while riding would be too noisy but it's surprisingly quiet on both ends. Really ups the game when you're riding with others.

Next . . .

Pick up a pair of blue tooth helmet intercoms. Daughter and I use them . They're amazing. Can talk bike to bike within a half mile of each other . Also connects to phone for hands free calls , plays your music and AM FM radio too. You would think a phone call or the intercom while riding would be too noisy but it's surprisingly quiet on both ends. Really ups the game when you're riding with others.
You sir, are very perceptive. I was just getting ready to ask you for a recommendation...

Got mine on Amazon for @ $50 each. I think mine are from FodSports. Took about 20 minutes a piece to install. Just be sure to get the right microphone package. They're different for Full Face and Brain Buckets.

Gotta ask. How many people have stopped to look or ask you about your bike? I've had mine 4-5 years and happens everywhere I go.

Gotta ask. How many people have stopped to look or ask you about your bike? I've had mine 4-5 years and happens everywhere I go.
We haven't really had the opportunity. We have a pretty low-to-no traffic route(s) that we ride to build up out skills. We joined our church's riding club and rumor has it we will be the only Indian riders, so we are anticipating some shock and awe.

We also are automatic members of the Richmond IMRG, so of course there will be no surprises there!

Check out these pics of some bikes that were there...
IMG-20230429-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20230429-WA0003.jpeg

You're making me afraid to visit the dealership given my total lack of self control when it comes to impulse buying.

So yesterday I rode it to the bowling alley for a Team Captain meeting and go over the by-laws...

I was the only rider in there so I had a few folks approach me when they noticed my helmet. One conversation in particular is worth sharing:

Jenna, pointing at me and talking to her husband Rob: "It's John!"
Rob, smiles and nods, I nod back.
Meeting is over and I walk past them, Rob says "Nice Indian, I'm a Harley man myself, but their bikes are real nice."
Me: "So you know something about them then?"
Rob: "I did, Jenna had never heard of them..."
Jenna: "When we drove into the parking lot, Rob said 'There's an Indian rider here!' I asked him how he knew the nationality of the rider??"

While outside and getting my gear on, another guy (Dwayne) walks up to me...
Dwayne: "Can I mess with you a bit?"
Me: "Sure..."
Dwayne: "So you couldn't afford a Harley so you settled on Indian?"
Me: "Not at all - see what happened was, when I went to the HD dealership I was disqualified for purchase once they discovered I was heterosexual and that my parents were not related to each other..."

Kinda killed his spirit and he didn't want to "mess" with me anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom