Oh baby, baby...

Seems to me that saying such a thing might be a quick way to end one's riding days due to having a certain new sensitivity in a critical riding area.

Doc, that's one helluva way to describe a kick in the pills...

Well, NG, you know that ever since I've been a moderator, I have tried to be more polite, set a better example, and be less like a former Bourbon Street musician who played in clubs featuring exotic dancers.

I cant stop laughing. I may frame that.
As a foreigner, that picture needs explanation I'm afraid. Is it an 'in' joke? A hog is a type of pig isn't it? I don't think we have Indians or hogs in the UK. Unless it's a less than complimentary reference to native Americans and pigs, but I can't see the connection. Its a mystery.
Col

Hog = Harley Davidson. It was my understanding that for a Harley to me labeled a "Hog", it had to be at least 1000cc, but this has been contested. Here in the US, there is a rivalry between the two groups - like Ford vs Chevy

Well, NG, you know that ever since I've been a moderator, I have tried to be more polite, set a better example, and be less like a former Bourbon Street musician who played in clubs featuring exotic dancers.
Yeah the whole "See no evil, hear no evil. Speak no evil" thingy...

As a foreigner, that picture needs explanation I'm afraid. Is it an 'in' joke? A hog is a type of pig isn't it? I don't think we have Indians or hogs in the UK. Unless it's a less than complimentary reference to native Americans and pigs, but I can't see the connection. Its a mystery.
Col

While I cannot address the origin of the name, and NG has already given a reasonable definition, I CAN offer some evidence that HD cycles were called "hogs" fifty years ago. Witness this video from the band Steppenwolf from 1970. The lyrics are about night-time riding.

So it's not that a Harley (hog) is a pig to drive then.
Col

Our first Poker Run. Over 100 bikes from at least 5 Rider Clubs. Only 3 bikes were NOT Harleys (our two Scouts and a Honda Shadow). We spent most of our time at the stops fielding questions. Fun times...
IMG-20230520-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20230520-WA0000.jpg

We spent most of our time at the stops fielding questions.
Get used to it. Mines 5 years old and barely a ride goes by without someone making a comment or asking questions. You'll also meet people and get the "You're the guy with the Indian, Right?"

Off to slay The (back of) Dragon. If I had know a mid-life crises was going to be so fun, I would have started sooner!

1685104540536.png

Just in case you missed it. The Isle of Man TT starts 29th May until the 10th of June. The weather is looking good, so a few new records possible.

Just in case you missed it. The Isle of Man TT starts 29th May until the 10th of June. The weather is looking good, so a few new records possible.
I wonder how many will be killed this year.
Col

Let's take bets on how many riders will die this year. I'll say 3.
Col

Looks like a fun ride/drive. If I were a little closer I'd join you. I'd be the little red car filling up your rear view mirrors. :p

There are some great mountain roads around here, but typically too many "Sunday drivers" to allow for an enjoyable drive/ride. Have fun!

Had never heard of it til now. Looks like quite an event!

I wonder how many will be killed this year.
Col
Maybe some will but hopefully not. All it takes is a fraction of a second of lost concentration at 180ph. Last year sadly a father and son died in the sidecar race.

They do say though that the feeling they get racing is like nothing else and that is the main reason why they do it. They also say other people like to leap out of 'planes or go mountain climbing which puts them at a similar risk of death from error, or mistake. The TT is also a social event with whole families there in support. Personally I'd never do it but good luck to those who do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom