Pay your bills (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 05:35
Calling Joe Biden a good and competent president is a long con of its own special type.

Having said that, I'm not entirely happy with Trump either. I originally supported him and STILL don't think he's the devil. But this country needs a wake-up call that the Democratic Party is NOT your friend - it is your exploiter. To them, you are a cash cow and a tethered vote.

Part of me fears another Trump turn in office, part of me thinks that another Biden term in office is worse. Caught between Scylla and Charibdis, the original source of the phrase "a rock and a hard place."
Doc, I don't see anythintg really wrong with the economy. Biden did get some things done. My issue with Trump is that he is for Trump alone. Look at who benefitted from Trump's tax cut. After it passed he walked into a restaurant at Mar a Lago and told the assembly of rich folks, "Now you are really rich." He is not as rich as he claims. When he first ran he said he would not need any help. He then loaned 10 million to his campaign, then immediately asked for donations. When it got to 10 mill he paid himself back. He has never used a cent of his own money on his campaign. He just filed papers that said he couldn't pay the 545 mill bond, his lawyers said they contacted 30 companies via 10 different brokers and wrote that it was "practically impossible" for Trump to raise the cash. Trump then went on truth social the next day and claimed he had 500 mil in cash. So which is the truth? One of the statements has to be a lie, A really rich New Yorker is Mike Bloomberg, worth 106.2 Billion dollars. Never once heard him claim that he was "Really Rich." He has donated billions to charity. I remind you that I used to be a Republican, a little right of center.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:35
Personally I can't wait for Monday, it's like the super bowl of politics.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35
Look at who benefitted from Trump's tax cut.
Instead of listening to the talking heads, look at the actual stats. Yes the "rich" benefit from tax cuts. Why? they pay taxes. When you lower the rate across the board, everybody wins - except of course the 47% who pay no income tax. The dems are working very hard for those people to be the majority. Let's see how you like things then. Maybe you should read the Federalist Papers to see what the founders thought about that.

You are obsessed with how much money Trump has or doesn't have. Why do you care so much?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@jpl4jpm, @Thales750 , @moke123: Why all the hyperbolic personal animus against Trump?

Seems that you have misplaced priorities. The Biden administration (Democrats) have weaponized the legal system, eliminating the rule of law, are using lawfare, promoting racism, selling out Israel, are not proposing to reduce federal spending, and are not enforcing immigration laws; and yet you overlook all this corruption simply because you have a personal hatred of Trump?
Where is your sense of priorities?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We didn't drink the Kool-Aid.
Unbelievable:( You people are like Nero fiddling while Rome burns just because you don't like Trump's personality and have been convinced that he is the evil orange man by Google. Please, for the sake of the country, wake up and look at what the Dems are doing to us and the rule of law.

Mike Krailo

Local time
If some how she seizes his assets, there will major backlash on NY as a whole. That place is so corrupt right now, no business in their right mind can afford to be a part of that scammer state. She wouldn't have to hold those assets very long though, there are Chinese that would swoop up those assets in a heartbeat if it's at the right price. She doesn't care about the value, just about screwing Trump over. My gut feeling is that he does whatever it takes to hold on to his property.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's George Carlin from 30 years ago talking about how society now changes words to hide reality. Just because we "pass away" doesn't mean we're not actually dead.
I really liked "unwilling sperm recipient"

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Unbelievable:( You people are like Nero fiddling while Rome burns just because you don't like Trump's personality and have been convinced that he is the evil orange man by Google. Please, for the sake of the country, wake up and look at what the Dems are doing to us and the rule of law.
When Trump is in a prison in Georgia, or when he is indicted for inciting an attack on our capital, then you can speak of the rule of law.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
When Trump is in a prison in Georgia, or when he is indicted for inciting an attack on our capital, then you can speak of the rule of law.
Your personal animus towards Trump clouds your ability to comprehend that the Biden administration is destroying the rule of law to get Trump. The Biden administration has implemented the Stalinist (Lavrentiy Beria) "Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:35
I still don't understand the Democrats view of this. He said protest peacefully, which is pretty clear language to me. When the Democrats say he used the word "fight", they are saying he means violently. But he said peacefully. When the Democrats say they are committed to "fighting racism", are they suggesting they are committed to violence? It is just a silly argument they have made.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Bring out the heads in sand memes again:(
This is what the Orange savior has done to the Republicans.
"With retirements and special elections having reduced his majority to just two votes out of 438, and with a small contingent of far-right Republican extremists refusing to vote on any bill that has bipartisan support, Johnson increasingly relies on Democrats to enact budgets and other legislation."

We are about to see the House change the majority over to Dems even before the election. The first time ever. The rats are jumping ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom