Plz Experts Help (1 Viewer)

zebzeb

Local time
Today, 14:58
Hi to all,
Am new in access field. Having no expierance in access so, am having a problem that this medical report softwear is not working on win 7 or 8 it run only on XP. So can anyone help in resolving this problem. or tell me how many tables/fields n relations.(mean complete guide ) i've to make to rebuilt it. am having only few pic of that.
Thanks n regards.

Attachments

• for itduny.png
    for itduny.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 190
  • medical report.png
    medical report.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 178

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 20:58
A very broad question and request.

What version of Access is it?

I am currently going through the process of updating Access 2003 databases to Access 2010. The 2003 versions were all under Windows XP. The 2010 versions are under Windows 7.

I found I had to fiddle with References (via the Code Editor part) to convert to a proper working copy of 2010.

You need to get under the hood and tell us what is actually happening or more precisely, what's not happening.

zebzeb

Local time
Well, I've a friend he is running that on xp but now he is willing it on 7 or 8, so he told me to make a new one to run on 7 or 8. i dont know that what version it is, i saw a db behind that program that looks to me like access. That might b visiual Studio, but there is only one db file n that's it. That db is protected with password. And on Desktop there is icon of softwear. I got that screenshots.

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 20:58
Well, I've a friend he is running that on xp but now he is willing it on 7 or 8, so he told me to make a new one to run on 7 or 8. i dont know that what version it is, i saw a db behind that program that looks to me like access. That might b visiual Studio, but there is only one db file n that's it. That db is protected with password. And on Desktop there is icon of softwear. I got that screenshots.

Why not ask your friend what the software is? Do you know if it is a front-end, back-end - program on desktop and data file on server - setup? What are the file extensions of the program/data files? From explorer, right-click on the files in question for properties, any clues there?

I'm sorry, the screenshots don't do anything for me; they're pretty forms.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:58
Two questions:

1. Which version of OFFICE are you running? And beware of this answer - look not only for it to be Office 2007, 2010, 2013 - but is it a 32-bit or 64-bit Office?

2. I second the suggestion that you might need to go into a VBA screen to fix references that are broken.

Having said that, ... If the problem is that you had 32-bit Office on XP and your Win 7 or 8 uses 64-bit Office, you will have more headaches than I can even begin to predict. You would do better to switch to Office 32-bit. It would cost less in the long run. I just upgraded an XP app to Win 7 and once I got the right version of Office, it just ran without me doing anything else. I know I had at least 14 extra references because of Word, Excel, and Outlook automation - but once I got Office 2013 32-bit installed, it ran like a champ.

zebzeb

Local time
Thanks to all for reply, n sorry as well for all that delay well Some time busy n now i've got that on screen shot about that locked db. I thinks its looks me a access db.

Attachments

• kkk.png
    kkk.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 153

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:58
Access 2003 db will run nicely on Office 2003 and up as long as you keep it to the 32 bit version of office.
The win system is not important. it can be winXP, Vista, Win7 or Win8, either 32 bit or 64 bit.
Your best way to go is to keep the Office 2003 on the Win7 system. You can If you don't require your app to connect to other office apps you can install office 2010 without Access and install the Access from the Office 2003.

read this post:
Kallal Word Merge in Access 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom