Print current record in subform (1 Viewer)

akirekab

Local time
Today, 01:50
The company I set up forms for needs to be able to print the current record only in form view. I set up print as outlined in forum and by wizard, to print current record, but it always reverts to 1st record instead of one selected on subForm.

Thanks for any assistance

akirekab

Local time
Today, 01:50
Addl info print problem

Here is code Access says should print current record

Private Sub cmdPrintRecord_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrintRecord_Click

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70
DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection

Exit_cmdPrintRecord_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_cmdPrintRecord_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_cmdPrintRecord_Click

End Sub

I am not brand new but learn so much every day as the years go by I feel new. My main form has demographics, for ID, and the subforms pull each record for any activity with that id.

When I am sitting on , say record 5, in a particular id, if I hit that print button, it jumps back to record 1. Now it only prints one page, but the page has the main form, the subform record 1, and the beginning of subfom record 2. I have the property set to single form.

I am hoping someone will read this and give me a clue. Two things I realize, one is we shouldnt be printing forms, but the client wants it that way for ease of use. Two I don't intentionally ever use a DoMenuItem anymore, since most of my reading says not to. but when I cant find out what access is trying to say with that, I go ahead and at least give it a try.

Thanks again for any help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom