Produce a report by inputing a parameter into a text box on a form (1 Viewer)

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:10
Good Evening,

I am very new to access and I am wondering is there a way that I can have a popup box appear when I ask to produce a report and I can type in a parameter of my choice and it will produce a report based around that parameter?

I have a table that is directly linked to an excel spread sheet that is updated each week external to the database. I have to produce reports on the data contained in that table.
I have already produced reports that look for specific number and those reports are produced automatically.
I was wondering if there was some way I could open a form and type a number into a text box and it would produce a report around that number. e.g. "list all engines below X margin" and I can type any number in representing X and a report would be produced.

Cheers

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul,

I already have a query going for this table. How do I "point to the form" in the criteria?
I currently have a <20 in the criteria field for a report I run, this is the field I want to be able to put any figure in and have that data displayed in a report.

Cheers

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:10
< Forms!FormName.TextboxName

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul this has worked a treat.
When I push the command button on the form a pop up box appears and allows me to enter any parameter I want and the associated report is generated.

How to I change the wording in the pop up box from "Forms!FormName.TextBoxName" to "Enter Performance Margin Figure"

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You shouldn't be getting the popup. Is the form open, and did you change the names of the form and textbox to yours?

awade

Registered User.
Local time
G'day Paul,

I have attached some screen shots of what I have with the popup.

When I click the command button (circled in red) the pop up appears. I can type in any number I want and the report is generated.

Is there anyway of changing the text in the popup? or have I gone about this all wrong?

What it does right now is fantastic, if I can change the text in the popup box.

Regards

Andrew

Attachments

• Screenshots Popup.zip
    281.6 KB · Views: 77

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm on an iPad so can't open a zip file. If you're happy with the prompt instead of using a form change

< Forms!FormName.TextboxName

to

< [Enter Performance Margin Figure]

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul This is now working exactly how I needed it to work.

Cheers

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom