Results from Quebec election (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Rich:

I guess that scraps your plan to emigrate.

Not really, I could live with it, hell, I could even live with the road signs in French:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:21
Rich:
Under the Canadian Constitution(s) Canada is officially bi-lingual, English and French.
The term "Indian" is P.I. in Canada. We say Native or First Nations.
I guess that scraps your plan to emigrate.

whats P.I.?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
politically incorrect ;)

Thanks.

Wonder if they say "we're having a Chinkie tonight" in Canada.

Actually, we had a Chinkie the other night and we had chicken and pineapple, it was really good.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Probably not, nor "I'm having an American tonight":D

Its all silly this PC (or PI) stuff. At least you knew where you were with the Alf Garnett era.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Its all silly this PC (or PI) stuff. At least you knew where you were with the Alf Garnett era.

Col

"Writer Johnny Speight often commented that the character was supposed to be a figure of ridicule, but admits that not all viewers saw the satiric elements of the character."

ref

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
"Writer Johnny Speight often commented that the character was supposed to be a figure of ridicule, but admits that not all viewers saw the satiric elements of the character."

ref

I knew lots of "Alf Garnets" in those days. There's still alot around today.

Col

R

Rich

ref

But now "Shirley Temple's" daughter takes the pi** out of us:mad:

statsman

Local time
Today, 11:21
The problem is that when the show came to the US as "All In The Family", they made the main charactor lovable instead of an object of ridicule.

statsman

Local time
Looks like ADQ may get their chance sooner than expected. The minority Liberal government may lose in the House on their budget.

For you non-parliamentarians, if the government falls on a money bill, they have to resign and hold an election.

statsman

Local time
Anyway...the PQ decided to support the Liberal's budget after all so there won't be a summer election in Quebec.

It seems it was too close to the last election and all of the parties need a little time to fill up their election war chests.

Newman

Québécois
Local time
ADQ isn't ready yet, though close to it.
PQ is is not ready as they don't have an official chief.

My point of view on the budget...

Liberals didn't want to go against their promess like they did previously and knowing about the fact that ADQ and PQ were not ready for another election, they tried to go for it even though more than half the population didn't want the money. Results: They look like they don't listen to us, so we are angry against them.

ADQ had to show that they had the power to stand still in front of the Liberals. Though they were not ready for an election they were close enough to take the chances even though the population didn't want to go in election again. Results: They look like they don't listen to us, so we are angry against them.

PQ were far from ready for the elections, but were against the budget 100%. So they didn't vote at all, so that the budget passes by default. Results: If you have to find a winner in that debate, I think that they are. Although I personnaly feel like they did it more to avoid themself an election than to avoid us an election.

I must admit that it wasn't an easy task for them to chose their side.
Population was against another election and against the budget. Yes, that's the way it works in Quebec. ;) No matter what they'd do, the population was against them. The worsts, I believe, are the liberals that could have avoided the debate in the first place by modifying their budget.

Big result: We get the money, we still have a good reason to yell and we won't have to vote in the summertime. :D

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Notice how Every vote in Quebec is evenly split...
Separation? 50-50
Election? 30-30-30
Budget? 50-50

Maybe before trying to split Canada into two countries (Quebec and ROC) we should split the province into two provinces (Montreal and ROQ). :D

statsman

Local time
I always thought the Eastern Townships were the hotbed of separatism?

Newman

Québécois
Local time
According to these pictures, they tend to be federalists, although less that Gatineau and Montreal areas.

Note that federalist area tend to be areas where english has a high presence:
Montreal's west side (Where reside most of the big businesses boss), Gatineau (Where reside many of the federal governement workers) and Eastern township (Where reside many Loyalists). Loyalists are those loyal to the British crown that left the US after the American revolution

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 08:21
According to these pictures, they tend to be federalists, although less that Gatineau and Montreal areas.

Note that federalist area tend to be areas where english has a high presence:
Montreal's west side (Where reside most of the big businesses boss), Gatineau (Where reside many of the federal governement workers) and Eastern township (Where reside many Loyalists). Loyalists are those loyal to the British crown that left the US after the American revolution

Those pictures are confusing as all heck. The enitre debate and vision of separation of nations has the potential of harsh reality for persons living along the proposed lines of division. We are 3 houses from the border between Quebec and Ontario, many of our Quebecois neighbours lease and work fields in Ontario, as well as many Ontariens have crops or livestock in Quebec. Dont know what would happen in the event of separation for such cases :confused:

...guess I could get a cushy job at the border circle n stamping neighbour's documents 20 times a day while they are moving hay bales from field to barn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom