Scooters

No, just boring.

It is inevitable that sooner or later a member of the "Slanging Gang" on either side of the pond will make a disparaging statement about the US or the UK and off we go again.

The original thread is lost in the exchange of reparte.

Am I the only one who thought this show got tiresome the third or fourth time I saw it?

Absolutely not. I don't come around as much any more because it just isn't as fun as it used to be. Oh well...

The last reason you gave was the family etc. still it's not unknown for a female to change her mind, is it?:rolleyes::p

It's expected. :mad: ;)

I have been pretty busy lately, but still it's not as much fun to come here since everyone has been driven off.

Just ignore the last 12 posts (exept for MsGorilla and me).

Maybe they'll turn on each other.

Reminds me a bit of "taggers". They just do it to draw attention to themselves.

Last edited:
It's expected. :mad: ;)

I have been pretty busy lately, but still it's not as much fun to come here since everyone has been driven off.

Most of them have just moved on in the way that people do in real life everywhere;)

Just ignore the last 12 posts (exept for MsGorilla and me).

So you include Brian in that list and your own Kenny Babe,Daniella, etc. That's odd only two minutes ago you blamed two posters here for all the troubles in the world:rolleyes:

Rich said:
The last reason you gave was the family etc. still it's not unknown for a female to change her mind, is it?

It's expected.

And you don't deviate from your expectation. It's difficult to know what the real reasons are - depends on the day of the week I suppose.

Col

Reminds me a bit of "taggers".

I'm unclear as to what a 'tagger' is - can you clarify please?

At least when KennyBabe does his daily boring namecalling routine he uses names like "horses ass" or "braindead" which are fairly international - not nice mind you, but fairly advanced diction for a Redneck I believe.

Col

I'm unclear as to what a 'tagger' is - can you clarify please?

At least when KennyBabe does his daily boring namecalling routine he uses names like "horses ass" or "braindead" which are fairly international - not nice mind you, but fairly advanced diction for a Redneck I believe.

Col

I ride a 1992 BMW K75
This forum does have a topic.

Last edited:
Those bikes have opposing cylinder engines don't they. I understand they're really smooth running engines...

:)
ken

That would be the BMW 1500K. The 750 is essentially the 1500 engine cut in half.

65,000 km which is just nicely broken in for a BMW.

Those bikes have opposing cylinder engines don't they.

Statsman said:
That would be the BMW 1500K.

The BMW K series doesn't have the horizontally opposed cylinders - that's the R series. The K has a normal engine format.

The biggest K series is the 1200 not a 1500 (unless there's a special for the USA market) ref Honda do a 1500 in the Goldwing - but those things are like riding a battleship - hopeless in traffic.

I used to have a K75S - (3 cylinders)

Col

The K75 is a beautiful bike and very easy to ride.
I don't know why BMW stopped making this engine.

There was a K1500, only available to police services in the 90's. The Toronto Police auctioned theirs off a few years ago. They were returning to Harleys. I was sorely tempted. But then I would be sorely tempted to "open it up" as well. There was also the problem of service, since the local BMW dealer's mechanics had never seen one.

A Harley is an exceptionally expensive motorcycle.
It's actually a $10,000 motorcycle with a $30,000 logo stamped on it.

A friend of mine who we tour with loves Harleys and is constantly putting down my Beamer. One day we did a quarter-mile on a deserted strip of highway. My 750cc blew away his huge 88 cubic inch (the actual cc's of the Harley hog is a certain number between 12 and 14 which is considered unlucky in North America). Mind you if we had done a half mile he may have caught me.

Anyway, to address your point Rich, the Harley engine is not that rough once it warms up. The problem is it may take an hour for it to warm up.

Last edited:
Here's a question for you - what percentage of cars in the USA have automatic transmission?

I wasn't aware any American was capable of using a proper manual gear shift. We're led to believe all US cars are automatic. . . . . :confused:

It's a bit like NASCAR where they are incapable of making left and right turns so always go in an oval track to avoid confusion.

Col

ColinEssex, I have seen this in several of your anti-US threads.
You insinuate that all Americans act a certain way because you 'ARE LEAD TO BELIEVE'.
Maybe you should do some research since you are so misinformed?

Until you have traveled to all 50 states and at least 20 towns in each state please don't presume that all US Citizens are the same in all ways.

I for one don't think that all British Citizens act/talk like you.

Not that it will affect the prejudice, but I drive a manual, my brother has one, and both of my daughter's cars are manual. There are certainly more vehicles with automatics here, but there are a lot of manuals as well.

I read an interesting piece recently about bikes, and the development of the Harley vs most others. The basic premise was that the Harley developed the way it is because of the long distances involved with driving around the US vs the UK, Europe, Japan, etc. In other words, the longer average distances between cities (particularly in the American west) encouraged the development of a bike that was larger and more comfortable to ride for longer periods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom