Separation of Church and State

You missed the point and over anlayse. The young Australian is losing his connection with Australia as a country.
You mean they haven't got any conviction?:confused:

You mean they haven't got any conviction?:confused:

Because each day something is stripped away from Australian culture younger people are moving towards....we are a citizen of the world etc.....which of course leads to what you have posted. But nothing surprising there as we are officially a multi cultural society and that will produce an obvious outcome.

And of course they expect a world that is utopia.

Ha, I know you used to live here... We've spoken about it before. I can't drink coffee but I can always find something to drink at a Starbucks.:p

Send me a PM with an email and I'll get in touch. Have a great day.

Well, I asked a question and you didn't answer it. The type of situation you were talking about could be construed as racist.

I haven't seen that here, to be honest with you. We're pushed to be tolerant of others, and to respect diversity, but I haven't seen any overt movement to remove things that identify with our country.

Really Adam? Are you blind. What about the move to destroy our national language. English is the most advanced language in the world, and it is being usurped by one of the most retarded.

Spanish (American Spanish) culture is inferior in so many ways and it is going to be the future of the USA.

In our children’s lifetime the US will be a nation of poor Spanish speaking people subservient to their English speaking betters; in perpetuity.

Are you saying that my statement is racist?
The statement could appear to be racist or at least anti-spanish. A little harsh to describe the language of Cervantes as retarded:)

It would be racist in Australia and simply because race was mentioned.

In Australia the police will still say in a description...a male person of Middle Eastern (or Asian) appearance etc.....but there is strong lobby from the lefty Greens to have this changed.

And I am sure the next stage will be gender is removed as they have gone from....a man of Middle Eastern appearance to a.....a male person of Middle Eastern appearance.

I would predict the next stage is "person" will be replaced by "human" as that is our species. Our Prime Minsiter (Labor party) is atheist and of course the leader of The Greens is atheist and so the push for "human" will be on the go.

The statement could appear to be racist or at least anti-spanish. A little harsh to describe the language of Cervantes as retarded:)

I acquiesce to the appearance of racism, but in this case the actuality is merely politically incorrect.

By retarded, I mean that the Spanish language, although romantic and eloquent at times; is in reality retarded in the strict meaning of the word.

In as much as France has systematically limited the growth of French, American Spanish has not evolved for whatever reasons, I suspect it is from cultural reasons, and not racial. These limitations are a direct result of the Hispanic cultures and the methods employed by the original Spanish conquerors in the Western Hemisphere.

Do to the nature of English (the language) it has evolved to be the most inclusive language, it continues to grow in both vocabulary, and in use, far faster than any other language.

Interestingly enough a viable argument to my assessment that English is being usurped by Spanish in this country, could be easily made, that English will simply absorb the Spanish and become even more evolved.

This phenomenon originally occurred in 1066 with the Norman Conquest, which left English with a larger vocabulary than both the German and the French origins. Other factors that contributed to the evolution of English were the vastness and longevity of the British Empire, followed by the global dominance of the United States after WWII.

As far as the assessment that the American Spanish culture is inferior; that is a subject that is defensible on many levels, but would require at least one dedicated thread. I was merely pointing out that Adam's statement that there are no obvious signs of the active destruction of American Culture.

The burka has been banned in France.

Oh and The Beatles sell more on iTunes than god.:)

Col
Thy've got a long way to go to catch up on his book sales, though (shadow-authored or not) :)

It would be racist in Australia and simply because race was mentioned.

I would predict the next stage is "person" will be replaced by "human" as that is our species. Our Prime Minsiter (Labor party) is atheist and of course the leader of The Greens is atheist and so the push for "human" will be on the go.

Actually the species is "homo-sapiens" (not "human"). I would suspect that would quickly be abbreviated to "homo" which would then lead to all sorts of controversy.

Actually the species is "homo-sapiens" (not "human"). I would suspect that would quickly be abbreviated to "homo" which would then lead to all sorts of controversy.

Maybe that is why "human" is used. Then you have that atheist crowd, the Humanist society.

The leader of the Greens is a homo.

Maybe that is why "human" is used. Then you have that atheist crowd, the Humanist society.

The leader of the Greens is a homo.
So maybe, to be exact and insure there is no confusion, we should be simply referred to as "certain member(s) of Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia, Order Primates, Family Hominidae, Genus Homo, Species Homo Sapiens, Subspecies Homo Sapiens Sapiens."

After all, "human" contains as part of the structure "man" and that is certainly sexist. Incidentally "homo sapiens" means "wise homonid" and "homo sapiens" means "extremely wise homonid" which we know for certain in most cases to be a gross mislabelling.

So maybe, to be exact and insure there is no confusion, we should be simply referred to as "certain member(s) of Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia, Order Primates, Family Hominidae, Genus Homo, Species Homo Sapiens, Subspecies Homo Sapiens Sapiens."

After all, "human" contains as part of the structure "man" and that is certainly sexist. Incidentally "homo sapiens" means "wise homonid" and "homo sapiens" means "extremely wise homonid" which we know for certain in most cases to be a gross mislabelling.

Or to be completly correct we should have on the TV news:

Members of the law enforcement sector of society (calling them police is so demeaning and negative) are seeking certain member(s) of Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia, Order Primates, Family Hominidae, Genus Homo, Species Homo Sapiens, Subspecies Homo Sapiens Sapien

who are of interest in the slaying of

certain member(s) of Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Class Mammalia, Order Primates, Family Hominidae, Genus Homo, Species Homo Sapiens, Subspecies Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Sorry folks, there's no time for any more news so the death of the Prime Minister will have to wait for tomorrow.

Pedants Corner. The species is actually Homo sapiens. Capital letter for the Genus and small letter for the species and no hyphen. We pedants do like things to be correct:D

Pedants Corner. The species is actually Homo sapiens. Capital letter for the Genus and small letter for the species and no hyphen. We pedants do like things to be correct:D

Good Morning Rabbie,
Thanks fro the smile.

Thanks for the correction, but then I did add the disclaimer concerning the misleading definition, "wise homonid", didn't I? :p

That is a misconception that has been so ingrained into our culture in the last 50 years that it is now taken as fact. The US was NOT founded on Separation of Church and State. The country was "founded" mostly by groups of religious and political disidents. The Constitution formalized the idea of "Freedom of Religion" (not necessarily Freedom From Religion) and codified the ideal that there would be NO official "State Church" that was so prevalent in Europe from the 14th century on.

In fact, the Founding Fathers were almost without exception very religious men and would most likely been appalled at the lengths we now take to insure that our government remains secular to a fault.

Finally, something we agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom