Shootings in US schools

Matt Greatorex said:
I did offer a possible explanation back in #328, but I'll just it here being invisible, underpaid, overworked and unappreciated ...:(

Ohhh....... I get it now :p :p

My bad - :o

Matt Greatorex said:
Was he promoted for services to the fried food industry? :D
...due to KFCs announcement that they will be phasing out using oils containing trans-fats...

Bodisathva said:
...due to KFCs announcement that they will be phasing out using oils containing trans-fats...

Can they bring back that television ad now that said that food from KFC is actually good for you? I remember seeing that last year (before they pulled it) and my jaw dropped. :eek:

Matty said:
Can they bring back that television ad now that said that food from KFC is actually good for you? I remember seeing that last year (before they pulled it) and my jaw dropped. :eek:
The news report I saw referred to the "...oils used to cook [KFC's] chicken and potatoes..." which leads me to believe that the gravy, while excellent, is probably still a stroke in a cup:eek:

dan-cat said:
I was just thinking who the hell is General Sanders? :D
Well I did have an uncle in WWII that flew bombers, he retired General, does that count?

jsanders said:
Well I did have an uncle in WWII that flew bombers, he retired General, does that count?
ahhhh....he meant Jeneral Sanders?:confused:

FoFa said:
Yes master, glad you could clearify that for me. World law according to Rich.
So glad you can go through life with blinders on and only open them when you choose to.
What's the difference between me and the US thinking it's the law of the World?:rolleyes:

jsanders said:

Only if he never stopped going on about his 'secret recipe'.

His is an interesting story. He wanted to go before we declared, so he went to Canada and joined the Royals. Later after the US entered he flew B17s.

jsanders said:
His is an interesting story. He wanted to go before we declared, so he went to Canada and joined the Royals. Later after the US entered he flew B17s.

... and it was after reaching the rank of Colonel that he overheard someone defending cowardice in the face of attack by saying 'There's nothing wrong with chickens'. This, coupled with the fact that someone had recently told him he'd look good in white if he could just let his beard grow a little, gave him an idea for a business venture after the war, and the rest is history.

jsanders said:
Old news Jen:rolleyes:

Worley said:
Do you use any other names as expletives? Like "Jack Black!" or "General Sanders!",
No I wouldn't insult real people who have or had the name. I leave the personal insults to Americans

dan-cat said:
Ok, that needs to be added to the classic one-liners thread :D
How odd that that quote is no longer in the thread, I expect the original poster realised that I would point out that if I did call the Royal Navy, Hollywood would have to re-write the script to show the usn as the heroes in order for Americans to go and view the film:rolleyes:

Rich said:
How odd that that quote is no longer in the thread, I expect the original poster realised that I would point out that if I did call the Royal Navy, Hollywood would have to re-write the script to show the usn as the heroes in order for Americans to go and view the film:rolleyes:

Link :confused:

EDIT: I've just finished a long FTP upload and I have to say watching the progress bar was 100% more stimulating than reading this post.

Last edited:
dan-cat said:
Link :confused:

EDIT: I've just finished a long FTP upload and I have to say watching the progress bar was 100% more stimulating than reading this post.

Yes, we know Americans prefer fiction to fact

dan-cat said:
I'd prefer a little more fact with your fiction :rolleyes:
I've given you the facts, Americans won't watch a film based on the truth unless it paints Americans as the heroes, in fact it has to re-write or ignore the facts to do so. What are you having a problem understanding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom