Shootings in US schools

Rich said:
What are you having a problem understanding?

How one can become more humdrum than a progress bar.

I think it has become clear to me that Rich and Colin's entire goal here is to start arguments. (I wish someone had sent me a private message warning me, and it would have saved me a few days. Where were you when I needed you, JSanders, hehe) Lets review here what we know about them:

They are aggressive, argumentative, and frequently use distraction and diversion to keep from answering questions posed to them. When they do answer questions, it is ALWAYS accompanied with a cheap shot of some kind that has absolutely nothing to do with the current topic. They use tactics like: "the facts are there if you look for them" or "seek evidence and YE shall find", which is a clear attempt to divert the clear responsibility of backing your own comments up with facts to the post's reader.
Quick note to UK posters: You post something, its your job to back it up.
Also, Colin was the first to offer a veiled threats. Colin, did you seriously threaten me over the internet? lol...Did you get permission from your husband? He seems the type that likes to be in control. I bet when he types, he mashes the buttons really hard. Oh, and I saw how angry you got on your posts, don't bother denying it or diverting from the facts. You really are on the wrong forum...you get "childishly" angry when people use the word childish, and you threaten people over the forums. That's so cute.

Way I see it, everyone.....Rich and Colin (sitting in a tree) are acting much like they claim our government is: Irresponsible, blatant overuse of diversion tactics, they only answer the questions they can BS up an answer for, and try to pretend everything they say is accepted as fact. They are aggressive...they start fights where none existed before, and try to keep everyone in a tizzy. You have to admit, American posters...its been fun watching them scramble on the defense for a few days, eh? Nice to see the tables turned. You can clearly see they don't like it one bit.

Ha. Only 6 posts and you've already caught on. ;)

Most of us around here don't pay too much attention to them.:p

Last edited:
On the rare occasion they're not trying to pick a fight or bash the USA, they have some interesting things to say...

Adeptus said:
On the rare occasion they're not trying to pick a fight or bash the USA, they have some interesting things to say...

............YUP

Worley said:
I think it has become clear to me that Rich and Colin's entire goal here is to start arguments.
Who started it? Still typical of America, start a fight and then blame others:rolleyes:

Rich said:
...Hollywood would have to re-write the script to show the usn as the heroes in order for Americans to go and view the film...Yes, we know Americans prefer fiction to fact...I've given you the facts, Americans won't watch a film based on the truth unless it paints Americans as the heroes, in fact it has to re-write or ignore the facts to do so. What are you having a problem understanding?
hmmm...at least 4 instances (in a single page, no less) which clearly demonstrate your practically limitless ability for showy displays of your own obtuseness.

would someone kick the record player...it's skipping again:rolleyes:

MrsGorilla said:
Ha. Only 6 posts and you've already caught on. ;)

Most of us around here don't pay too much attention to them.:p

Ditto...;)

Worley said:
I think it has become clear to me that Rich and Colin's entire goal here is to start arguments.
wrong - pointing out facts that are then chosen to be ignored because they are too near the truth is not starting arguments

They are aggressive, argumentative, and frequently use distraction and diversion
promoting healthy discussion is always good

When they do answer questions, it is ALWAYS accompanied with a cheap shot of some kind that has absolutely nothing to do with the current topic.
the word "always" here is debatable, again typical paranoid Yank always thinking people are out to get them - nice that you fit into the stereotype

Quick note to UK posters: You post something, its your job to back it up.
teaching,eggs,grandmother,suck, etc etc

Also, Colin was the first to offer a veiled threats. Colin, did you seriously threaten me over the internet?
Don't know - did I? what was it you just said - you post something, its your job to back it up

That's so cute.
you're not the first to say that

You have to admit, American posters...its been fun watching them scramble on the defense for a few days, eh?
if thats you're best attack then its no wonder the USA always bails out of a war they're losing

Col

Quick note to UK posters: You post something, its your job to back it up

Well well well lets tar everbody with the same brush shall we.
Stay around for a while, say 6 months, and then start criticizing from a base of knowledge, or is that too much to ask.

Brian

I always see Colin and Rich as those grumpy old relatives you see a couple of times a year at family gatherings. They just blather on about the same old stuff (the government's taking my money, kids these days, etc) and you just pat them on the head because they don't know any better.

I'm really not sure how far off the truth that is... :p

Matty said:
I always see Colin and Rich as those grumpy old relatives you see a couple of times a year at family gatherings. They just blather on about the same old stuff (the government's taking my money, kids these days, etc) and you just pat them on the head because they don't know any better.

funny you should say that...thread

Brian, while I think you're right in one respect, and I'm sure it's not how Worley meant it, I must admit that from my point of view it seemed he was ironically returning some of Rich's broad brush strokes. A case of 'Cooler-Karma if you will.;)

Matty said:

Blather - Good word and a good fit for a lot of Col & Rich's post;)

blather

–noun 1. foolish, voluble talk: His speech was full of the most amazing blather.
–verb (used without object), verb (used with object) 2. to talk or utter foolishly; blither; babble: The poor thing blathered for hours about the intricacies of his psyche.

And yes, as Brian points out, please don't propose our other UK friends around here are like Col and Rich.

Bodisathva said:
Brian, while I think you're right in one respect, and I'm sure it's not how Worley meant it, I must admit that from my point of view it seemed he was ironically returning some of Rich's broad brush strokes. A case of 'Cooler-Karma if you will.;)

You may be right, but having read through his posts he did come out all guns blazing from post 1, mind you he did say he had read 200 of Rich's posts at 1 sitting, I'm surprised the men in the white coats weren't called.:D

Brian

Bodisathva said:
funny you should say that...thread

I must have missed that post -- great minds think alike, I guess. :D

And Ken no need to worry about me painting all UKers with a large brush -- most here are quite astute, with just a few obvious exceptions.

Brianwarnock said:
You may be right, but having read through his posts he did come out all guns blazing from post 1, mind you he did say he had read 200 of Rich's posts at 1 sitting, I'm surprised the men in the white coats weren't called.:D

Brian

For sure... After all, if you've read one, you've pretty much read all 14K of them...:p

Brianwarnock said:
mind you he did say he had read 200 of Rich's posts at 1 sitting...

wwwjohnfmurraycom_lion2.jpg

Adeptus said:
Yeah like pointing out that America puts a century's out of date scrap of paper higher on the list than their children, makes you wonder why the likes of Charlie the five minute wonder boy resort to slinging insults instead of getting a grip on the problem and himself of course

KenHigg said:
For sure... After all, if you've read one, you've pretty much read all 14K of them...:p
Just like going to church where the same message is repeated over and over eh?:rolleyes:

Bodisathva said:
hmmm...at least 4 instances (in a single page, no less) which clearly demonstrate your practically limitless ability for showy displays of your own obtuseness.
As they say, the truth hurts:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom