Shootings in US schools

"I struggled to adapt to England and so did my family. I do not even want to think about going back."

The 23-year-old added: "Everything in England is shut at 5pm, there is nothing to do, nowhere to go. I just got bored."

ref

:D

I just read "the rest of the story", and there is nothing benificial in the entire story to your side of the argument, Rich. What are you talking about?

Worley said:
I just read "the rest of the story", and there is nothing benificial in the entire story to your side of the argument, Rich. What are you talking about?
We swapped a no hoper for a Brazillian who was longing to come here

Warley, Boddi, Danny, Jenny & Kenny, sitting in denial

Last edited:
Rich said:
Sorry but could you decipher that for me :confused:

(Talking about my comment on Rich acting like he claims our government is)

I know I have posted this at least twice. I have ten posts now. You forget so easily? You are always the first to start a conflict, you are irrational, argumentitive, and quick to divert attention away from questions you dont want to comment on. You make many claims to speak fact, yet never (or rarely) back up your information, and expect others to accept what you tell them. Did I miss anything? Oh yes, you are also very stubborn, and would never admit your wrong, even if cornered, and I could never imagine you apoligizing for anything. (please, shock me).

Church attendance has less to do with believers than you would like to think. I have been a Christian my whole life, and have only been going to church actively within the past 6 months.
Rich said:
(CT) Church attendance in the Church of England has dropped. The latest
statistics which are based on 1995 figures show that the average total
Sunday attendance for the Church of England was 1,045,000 in 1995."

and it's in rapid decline, now what was your point again?

My point is, if you can claim that as a counter argument, then "Violent crime rate in America continues steep decline-USA Today". Pretty soon there will be no murders in the USA, and no christians in the UK. I'll be happy here, and you will be happy there. yay!

Colin, I am actually very happy, and not a sad person at all. In fact, since I found this forum, I have been almost constantly amused, and (aside from the day I spent reading up on Rich, maybe) have been in a great mood, thanks to you. You know how we Americans are, we love it when people can't fight back effectively. Also, how much are you talking about charging for couch rent? I tell all my friends about you. You would almost think I am fond of you guys, lol.

Rich posted "We swapped a no hoper for a Brazillian who was longing to come here Warley, Boddi, Danny, Jenny & Kenny, sitting in denial"

Oh, I just actually got interested in soccer during the world cup, so I don't know all the names, and just enough about the sport to watch and not ask stupid questions lol. Ever been to a hockey game? The are worse than Golf to watch on TV, but they are great fun to go to.

Worley,

You must eat jalipenos for breakfast to stomach 200 of Rich's rantings in one sitting.

dan-cat said:
"I struggled to adapt to England and so did my family. I do not even want to think about going back."

The 23-year-old added: "Everything in England is shut at 5pm, there is nothing to do, nowhere to go. I just got bored."

ref

:D
Ok Dan - you may be surprised, but compared to Spain the UK does "close" at 5pm!!!!

Col

Rich said:
We swapped a no hoper for a Brazillian who was longing to come here

Warley, Boddi, Danny, Jenny & Kenny, sitting in denial

Being a gooner IS sitting in denial :p

ColinEssex said:
Ok Dan - you may be surprised, but compared to Spain the UK does "close" at 5pm!!!!

Col

You are more an expert on Spain than I and being younger perhaps on England too, but I got the impression that Spain closed from 2:00pm till 9:00 pm, Liverpool does not close at 5:00 pm, although it might cool down for a while, at least that's my impression.

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
You are more an expert on Spain than I and being younger perhaps on England too, but I got the impression that Spain closed from 2:00pm till 9:00 pm, Liverpool does not close at 5:00 pm, although it might cool down for a while, at least that's my impression.

Brian

It seams like London should stay open.

jsanders said:

It does. I lived there for the best part of five years and, unless it's changed dramatically since I left, many of the better places didn't get going until after midnight.

The same goes for any of the cities I frequented in my younger days (not too long ago, mind).

It may well be different in different areas? :confused:

jsanders said:
I was watching a movie the other day (before you start, yes, it was a British movie) and in one scene, there was a romantic momement on the street, in London, during what I perceived as late evening (9:00 or so) and the lovebirds were completely alone. No one else in sight. I thought, surely not...I can't imagine finding anywhere deserted at 9PM on a NY street...or Pittsburgh, or Philly. You Brits really roll up the sidewalks that early?

Bodisathva said:
I was watching a movie the other day (before you start, yes, it was a British movie) and in one scene, there was a romantic momement on the street, in London, during what I perceived as late evening (9:00 or so) and the lovebirds were completely alone. No one else in sight. I thought, surely not...I can't imagine finding anywhere deserted at 9PM on a NY street...or Pittsburgh, or Philly. You Brits really roll up the sidewalks that early?

Ah, but in keeping with the fine tradition brought to us by some of our British Friends, one could rightly surmise that London shuts down like any other small town.

jsanders said:
Ah, but in keeping with the fine tradition brought to us by some of our British Friends, one could rightly surmise that London shuts down like any other small town.
so I not only wanted an answer to a curiosity, but loaded the question for our favorite sparring partner ;)

I'd still be interested in the answer, though

Bodisathva said:
I'd still be interested in the answer, though
Then be quiet and pay attention!
I remember my first visit to London in my youth, there were more people on the streets of Soho at 2am than in my home city on a Saturday afternoon.
London does not shut at 5pm

Worley said:
Ever been to a hockey game? The are worse than Golf to watch on TV, but they are great fun to go to.
Holy sh*t Batman, I have to agree with you:eek:
yes I've been to a few ice hockey matches in Canada and can still remember freezing my ba**ls off sitting in a shed on the outskirts of Edmonton enjoying the punch ups

Bodisathva said:
. You Brits really roll up the sidewalks that early?

At 65 I am not the best placed to talk about night life in the city but on the occasions that I visit Liverpool in the evenings I find it overcrowded with youngsters ie people under 30;) , infact it is so busy that we rarely eat in the city preferring to eat locally , but then we can walk to 14 restaraunts of varying types of cuisine. :cool:
I was still working last year and the girls in the office would occasionally drag me out for a drink after work but I hate standing to drink because of the crowds, don't you?

brian

Matt Greatorex said:
The posting three before yours.
geez, batting 1.000 today:eek: Was trying to imply a dual purpose for the post...not only as a tactic, but as a curiosity as well.

Thanks to all answers, even Rich was helpful in his own twisted fashion:D

I'm going on vacation:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom