Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:55
I too would appreciate enlightment on this. I have never heard the expression anywhere in Britain.

I believe you could think along the lines of masturbation and that would give you some insight into his reference. The "fest" part would probably be referencing that their helping each other out with this. I hope I did this tactful enough.:eek:

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 00:55
I believe you could think along the lines of masturbation and that would give you some insight into his reference. The "fest" part would probably be referencing that they helping each other out with this. I hope I did this tactful enough.:eek:

I was thinking it was about some kind of cerebral condition - like a transient ischaemic attack, or a cerebral haemmorhage - which we call "a stroke".. . . .

too long in the NHS I suppose.:rolleyes:

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
P.S. I don't what SumGuy said that was a swear word, though. Must be a word we don't use on this side of the pond.

Most gentlemen of my generation would not use the term wanker in mixed company.

Brian

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
I withdraw the "W" word.
It seemed apropriate in the context as these lads seem to get a certain sort of glee out of blaming all the world's troubles on the U.S.

R

Rich

I withdraw the "W" word.
It seemed apropriate in the context as these lads seem to get a certain sort of glee out of blaming all the world's troubles on the U.S.

The withdrawl is rejected as too little to late, oh and by way the free world blames the US for most of the worlds problems today

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I withdraw the "W" word.

Too little too late - but in keeping with the USA's foreign policies.

Typical Yank - all talk then has to backtrack on it because they open their big gob without thinking.

I doubt you have any idea on how the USA has spent recent years destroying countries and fuelling worldwide terrorism in the process. Thanks to the USA, we can all sleep less peacefully in our beds, the world is a much more violent place thanks to the USA.

God bless America:rolleyes:

Maybe it'll be better when India and China take over as the world's superpower - at least we get decent food from them and not stupid burgers.

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I withdraw the "W" word.

Hello Sumguy,

You can pretty well much take Brians opinion as read. Your agitation is the singular thing that they take glee in. As a newcomer you'd have no idea of this, as one of many regulars, I find it tedious and self-indulgent. If you don't like their line of conversation I suggest you find somebody else to converse with. You have already experienced their versatility of dialogue in full :)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
What does it mean? I mean if you can come close to referring to it so that I get the general idea.
See the definition of "Stroke-fest" in previous posts to get the genral idea

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
What does it mean? I mean if you can come close to referring to it so that I get the general idea.

It means "Dick Head" -
but its actual meaning is Jerking off (I think that how you guys would phrase it)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:55
An example of why Rich and Col have perefect rights to bash USA:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2982640.ece

and the yanks excuse: 'its in their constitution'.... wow i didnt realise that US constituion was law in the UK aswell... idiots
I have to admit that when I first heard this one, laet week, I thought it was a joke. I didn't quite get what the punchline was, but it never crossed my mind that it was a serious news item.

For every person in the US who tries to improve their global image, there seem to be swathes of others who are out to damage it even more than it has been.

It really is a case of 'one rule for us and another for everyone else.
'. :confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
For every person in the US who tries to improve their global image, there seem to be swathes of others who are out to damage it even more than it has been.

It really is a case of 'one rule for us and another for everyone else.
'. :confused:

If Rich or I mention this we get branded anti-American, which of course we've taken pains to say we're not.

We are merely pointing out the hypocritical anomolies of the USA and how the US populace seems to defend the government's actions - whether they be right or wrong, due to their insufficient grasp of the actual facts.

The last thing we want to do is upset our American colleagues. But it is in our kind nature to point these things out because we know the US news is government controlled, therefore we carry the heavy burden to inform correctly.

Col

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Most gentlemen of my generation would not use the term wanker in mixed company.

Brian

I am curious why you have an objection to the term wank*&.
Please peruse "Best Movies" on the Watercooler forum, specifically posts 33, 39 and 46. In addition check post 1957 on this forum.

I am dismayed at the use of these negative terms for visible minorites and why you have not objected to them. :confused:

Last edited:

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
If Rich or I mention this we get branded anti-American, which of course we've taken pains to say we're not.

We are merely pointing out the hypocritical anomolies of the USA and how the US populace seems to defend the government's actions - whether they be right or wrong, due to their insufficient grasp of the actual facts.

The last thing we want to do is upset our American colleagues. But it is in our kind nature to point these things out because we know the US news is government controlled, therefore we carry the heavy burden to inform correctly.

Col

Why do you always avoid responding to the hypocritical anomolies in Britain?
Of course you are anti American. It wouldn't be nearly as much fun being anti Albanian would it.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I am curious why you have an objection to the term wank*&.
Please peruse "Best Movies" on the Watercooler forum, specifically posts 33, 39 and 46. In addition check post 1957 on this forum.

I am dismayed at the use of these negative terms for visible minorites and why you have not objected to them. :confused:

I haven't read "Best Movies" thread so cannot respond to that. In post 1957 you are presumably referring to the word "chinky", there has been a long discussion on that elsewhere in the forum so I have no intention of revisiting it, but in the end I was resonding to a specific point, and my main point was that you were using the term as personal abuse of other posters.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom