Site Upgrade (1 Viewer)

Good idea Doc. There is a list of changes here:

Some of these will apply to end users, some won't. The main reason I am upgrading is for improved performance so we keep Google happy. And also for security issues. We were on an older php version which was less secure. The older versions of Xenforo were not, as far as I know, fully compatible with the latest versions of php.

But one thing you might notice is the Trending Content on the right hand side of the forums. Not sure if I prefer this or the New Posts. I can put one above the other.

I am getting posts from forums I have ignored, presumably as you have not applied the addin yet?

I am getting posts from forums I have ignored, presumably as you have not applied the addin yet?
The Ignore Content is not yet compatible with the latest version of Xenforo.

Seems like the User Activity counts are broken. Developer is aware of this.

New feature: Push notifications now enabled.

Seems the Ignore Content still works for individuals?

I cannot enable it until there is confirmation it works with 2.3, else it could break the site.

Looks like a lot of work went towards search improvement in multiple ways, particularly for large-page-count potential searches. (Which probably applies here given the age of the forum and the converted content from the vBulletin days.) Sounds like a good deal to me.

They did focus heavily on improving the performance statistics. This site is nowhere near their claims, but LiteSpeed is not enabled yet because the addon has not yet been confirmed to work with v2.3, like a lot of the addons.

I wanted to make a post in this thread:-

So I went to the search facility and entered "Trump" and selected my name, as I have done many times in the past and but it did not return that thread?

It appears the search facility is not working as it used to and it doesn't seem to be as good...

I wanted to make a post in this thread:-

So I went to the search facility and entered "Trump" and selected my name, as I have done many times in the past and but it did not return that thread?

It appears the search facility is not working as it used to and it doesn't seem to be as good...
The extended search addon has not yet been enabled. I need to go through the plugins one by one but it takes ages so just hang in there. It will take quite some time before we are back to normal.

Since we are talking about noticed differences, ...

I use the "light" background/dark foreground scheme. When I highlight a part of a post to reply to that, the highlighting color has changed to be about 33% to 50% darker blue than the original highlight used to be. To my old beat up eyes, the contrast between the highlighting color and the print is now harder to read. Just an observation regarding a change.

Since we are talking about noticed differences, ...

I use the "light" background/dark foreground scheme. When I highlight a part of a post to reply to that, the highlighting color has changed to be about 33% to 50% darker blue than the original highlight used to be. To my old beat up eyes, the contrast between the highlighting color and the print is now harder to read. Just an observation regarding a change.
Noted.

If you have any issues with the site, let me know on this thread.
  • The "Ignore Forums" feature is currently not working/available. - I know, this has been reported before. I re-report to stress the importance of this feature to me.
  • With the Dark Theme, any links in a post are completely invisible unless hovered over with the mouse pointer.

• With the Dark Theme, any links in a post are completely invisible unless hovered over with the mouse pointer.
Which dark theme?

By the way, were members here aware that if you double click Search, it shows a different search window? It is the same as Advanced Search, just faster to do.

I just checked and sadly, Shades of Blue and Shades of grey are no longer supported. 🙁

I've noted it, but at this stage no idea what to do.

I've noticed the forum logo has also gone small, on the dark theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom