Site Upgrade

Something I'm experiencing on Chrome.

If I have written a bit of code, then highlight and click the </> button (shown here with the quote button)

Function test()
dim s as string
'do something
end function

it only selects the first row.
1721151410121.png

I have to highlight, copy the code, click the </> button then paste and it double spaces the rows

Code:
Function test()

dim s as string

'do something

end function

anyone else seeing the same thing?

Something I'm experiencing on Chrome.

If I have written a bit of code, then highlight and click the </> button (shown here with the quote button)

it only selects the first row.
View attachment 115148

I have to highlight, copy the code, click the </> button then paste and it double spaces the rows

Code:
Function test()

dim s as string

'do something

end function

anyone else seeing the same thing?
I tend to just enter the tags myself.

Code:
If I try this

and this, then highlight and click </>
it does the same thing, but I have to copy the whole thing as it just finds If I try this.

Jon - I appreciate how much work the upgrade is and understand the reasoning behind doing completely, but I would really like the ignore thread add-on back as a priority! Pretty please :)

Has anyone else had issues with the Search function?

I have found it next to useless since the upgrade (and very good before)

Doing a search with my username and single terms like 'listbox' or 'mysql' yields 'No results found.'

I did get a couple of hits using keyword 'form', but they seemed very recent - perhaps the full-text index needs to be re-built?

Jon - I appreciate how much work the upgrade is and understand the reasoning behind doing completely, but I would really like the ignore thread add-on back as a priority! Pretty please :)
I'm done with the inundation of posts from the non-technical forums that seem to dominate the New Posts these days. I can find that stuff on my own. Please get the ignore thread/forum function back as soon as practical.

I'm done with the inundation of posts from the non-technical forums that seem to dominate the New Posts these days. I can find that stuff on my own. Please get the ignore thread/forum function back as soon as practical.
Yes, I have never used 'Mark Forums Read' button so much in my period here, since the upgrade. :)

Doing a search with my username and single terms like 'listbox' or 'mysql' yields 'No results found.'

I did get a couple of hits using keyword 'form', but they seemed very recent - perhaps the full-text index needs to be re-built?
Most addons, including search, are not yet implemented.

Most addons, including search, are not yet implemented.
:ROFLMAO: I hadn't realised that search was an addon!

Seems like it ought to be a pretty integral part of forum software! 😝

Thanks for the info (y)

Basic search is, but I paid for enhanced search.

@Jon,
Might be wise to record the steps you are taking now?, for the next time? :)

The upgrades are infrequent. But apparently, the next upgrade involves significant changes to everything, so I am not even sure if I will do that upgrade or not. It all depends on the supposed benefits it brings.

Sounds like a testbed would be required for that. :)

Sounds like a testbed would be required for that. :)
In an ideal world. But it is not quite so simple. For example, I pay several hundreds of dollars per year for something called litespeed, which helps speed up the site. If I have a testbed, I might need another license for that. I don't know.

Enhanced search now enabled.

Litespeed allows unlimited sub-domains on all its licence plans, so you can set up a test domain, e.g. staging.access-programmers.co.uk and test side by side
There is an issue of licenses for 20 odd other plugins too. And I would need to upgrade hosting because of the space required for the database and files. But this is all a mute point. There is no v3.0 for the foreseeable future and we may not upgrade to it anyway. We haven't even finished upgrading 2.3 changes yet.

If I do it under localhost, then I get the litespeed license issue.

Sticky threads separation also working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom